The Leadership Institute creates strong conservative leaders for America, helps them gain positions of influence, and teaches them how to use their positions of leadership to keep America grounded in our founding principles. Led by the legendary Morton C. Blackwell, since 1979 the Leadership Institute has trained more than 250,000 conservatives how to defend freedom in America.
About the Role
Leadership Institute is searching for a Partnership Advisor to cultivate donor relationships and raise funds to achieve the Institute’s $89 million strategic plan through 2024. This person will serve as a representative of the Leadership Institute to top-tier donors critical to the foundation and continued momentum of the conservative movement. The role is based at Leadership Institute headquarters in Arlington, Virginia and reports to the Director of Major Gifts.
The Partnership Advisor will have the option to work either in-person at the Leadership Institute headquarters in Arlington, VA, or remotely from within the Mountain West (encompassing Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming). For those residing in the Mountain West region, proximity to a major airport is a requirement.
- Cultivate long-term relationships with a caseload of 100 major donors and prospects in Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
- Solicit gifts above $10,000 to maximize LI’s mission and programs and the philanthropic goals of the donors
- Travel throughout the region to conduct at least 100 donor meetings annually
- Build strategies to upgrade giving from existing major gift donors and prospects through in-person meetings, proposals, mailings, phone contact, and events
- Manage and execute stewardship plans for donors’ giving
- Enthusiastically communicate the Institute’s mission and goals to foster long-term partnerships
- Maintain a focus on the LI donor experience and provide top-notch customer service to donors in the region
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- 3+ years in fundraising or development
- Strong relationship-building skills and an outgoing, friendly personality
- Knowledge of the Moves Management system to upgrade donor giving
- Desire to learn additional fundraising techniques such as planned giving, grant writing, and stewardship
- Attention to detail, follow-up, and follow-through
- Excellent written and oral communications and time management skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 35%, including bi-monthly trips to the Leadership Institute’s HQ if located in the Mountain West region
- Experience with Salesforce
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of Leadership Institute, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Bailey Drouant, Outreach Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.