About Paragon Health Institute
Founded in 2021 with a belief that Americans deserve more choice and control over their health care and that government health programs need significant reform, Paragon has rapidly become the national leader in advancing market-based health policy solutions to improve health and lower costs. As a nonpartisan, nonprofit policy research center, we believe that for reforms to government programs to be effective they should:
- Expand patient choice and control
- Enhance market competition
- Reduce wasteful spending
- Properly align incentives
- Create a regulatory climate that is conducive to innovation
Paragon works with leading health policy scholars and practitioners to find practical solutions for problems with government health policy across four initiatives: public health and American well-being, private health reform, Medicaid and health safety net reform, and Medicare reform.
About the Role
Paragon is looking for a program manager to oversee the production of research and other products. The Program Manager will work closely with Paragon’s initiative directors to ensure timely production and processes are met. Research topics will cover the four initiatives of Paragon. This role will also manage Paragon’s policy working groups and help foster productive relationships with outside coalition partners.
This role will report to the President of Paragon and the role is to be executed from the Arlington, VA office with the option to work from home every Friday. He or she will work with an extremely collaborative and supportive team with significant growth opportunities.
- Track projects across Paragon’s initiatives and advise on timeline and strategy
- Work with Paragon’s Director of Communications to identify messaging opportunities for research in progress
- Regularly communicate with other organizations to find areas for research collaboration and joint initiatives
- Develop and implement processes for managing research production, measuring impact, and other strategies to inform the research and tactical strategy
- Engage with other organizations and partners to build productive coalitions that advance Paragon’s goals
- Establish and implement processes to track other organizations’ work and provide competitive analysis
- Track and build Paragon’s network of coalition partners through Salesforce, Mailchimp and/or other tools
- Help develop strategies for organizational success
- Manage projects, contracts, and relationships with external contractors
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including in project management and coalition building
- Willingness to be part of a collaborative team working to reform U.S. health policy
- Entrepreneurial and ability to solve problems
- Organized and close attention to detail
- Meet deadlines and clearly communicate expectations
- Excitement for, and alignment with, the mission of Paragon
- Ability to multitask extensively
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Legistorm, Mailchimp, and Google Drive
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as a single PDF:
- Your resume, including all relevant professional experience
- A cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in the position and in working with Paragon
- Why your experience makes you a fit for this role
- Salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.