Paragon Health Institute is a health policy research institute that aims to improve health care and lower prices by empowering patients, expanding competition in the market, and increasing innovation. The Institute has four initiatives that strive to meaningfully impact American patients and families: Public Health, Private Health, Medicaid & Medicare.
Paragon is seeking a full-time, in-person Health Policy Researcher in Arlington, VA. Paragon Health Institute employees work from home every Friday and additional flexibility to work remotely is available from time to time.
About the Health Policy Researcher Opening:
The Health Policy Researcher will work closely with Paragon’s initiative directors and other team members to produce meaningful policy research and educational materials. The researcher will assist in the development of policy research and supporting materials, such as reports, policy briefs, social media, and infographics.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Conduct research as requested by Paragon leadership as well as conduct original research on a variety of health care topics such as Medicare, Medicaid, public health, and private health (see Initiatives page here).
- Collect, record, analyze, and verify data to be used in Paragon research products – many of which will be shared with congressional members and staff and others in the policy community.
- Data set examples may include: historical Medicaid expenditures, Medicare reimbursements, and mortality trends related to COVID in certain states.
- Assist in data display and distribution, using multiple formats and including spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, graphs, and summaries to assist in the production of papers, webinars, educational materials, etc.
Job Skill & Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in the policy world
- Strong written and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Graduate degree in economics, public policy, or mathematics
- Minimum 5 years experience with data analysis
- Three or more years relevant work experience, especially in health policy
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file:
- Cover letter explaining why you are qualified for this position, why you are passionate about Paragon Health Institute’s mission, and your salary requirements
Submit your application to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement, at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.