The National Taxpayers Union Foundation (NTUF) is seeking an energetic individual to expand our engagement on technology policy issues of importance to taxpayers. Through research, analysis, popular writing, coalition building, and other forms of public education, this role will be tasked with strengthening NTUF’s re
putation inthis important policy space. The ideal candidate will combine an understanding of key technology policy issues with a demonstrated history of successfully communicating about and building relationships to advance smart policy. This position is based in Washington, DC but the new hire will be permitted to work remotely until COVID-19 has abated.
About National Taxpayers Union Foundation:
National Taxpayers Union Foundation is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 organization founded in 1978 as the research and educational arm of our 501(c)4 affiliate National Taxpayers Union. NTUF’s mission is to show Americans how taxes, government spending, and regulations affect them. In order to educate our target audiences, we perform incisive research and analysis on a wide range of policy issues with a particular focus on tax, technology, interstate commerce, legislative scoring, and trade. We also have a newly-launched public interest litigation project that will extend our work into the judicial sphere.
- Policy research and analysis – Perform original research and policy analysis on a range of important issues, including but not limited to competition and antitrust, taxation of digital services, platform liability, regulation of emerging technologies, and much more
- Writing – Produce written work on important policy matters, in shorter form such as op-eds or blog posts and in longer form such as issue briefs, legislative testimony, and regulatory comments
- Building coalitions – Create and manage successful coalitions to advance smart technology policy at the federal and state level
- Occasional travel (5%) for events and conferences
- Five to seven years of experience working on public policy matters at a policy organization, on a lawmaker’s staff, at a regulatory agency, or comparable work
- Deep knowledge of technology policy issues
- Solid writing and communication skills to translate thoughts into impactful policy work
- Demonstrated history of building coalitions to advance smart policy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of engaging with the media, in public meetings, and communicating externally
- Ability to work independently and without micromanagement
- While experience and demonstrated results are more important than credentials, a bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred and an advanced degree in a relevant field such as policy or economics would be a plus for any candidate
- Energy, vigor, and passion for NTUF’s mission
Compensation and Benefits:
- NTUF strives to offer compensation that is competitive with peer organizations, along with a highly-flexible work environment. Like the rest of NTUF’s staff, this role is approved for remote work until a safe return to in-office work is possible, at which point it will be based in our Washington, DC office.
- NTUF offers medical, dental, and life insurance coverage along with ample vacation and sick leave.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing the reasons why you are a strong candidate for this position, your interest in NTUF’s mission, and salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.
NTUF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.