The National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation, established in 1968, is a nonprofit, charitable organization. Its mission is to eliminate coercive union power and compulsory unionism abuses through strategic litigation, public information, and education programs. Since 1968 the National Right to Work Foundation has provided free legal aid to workers in thousands of cases whose rights have been violated by coercive unionism, including 18 US Supreme Court cases. More information about the Foundation’s work can be found at https://www.nrtw.org/about/.
The National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation is seeking a self-starter to join our team as a Communications Manager. Working with other members of the communications team, the Communications Manager will help shape Foundation messaging to help ensure brand and messaging consistency across all platforms that promote the Foundation’s mission of defending individual worker freedom against union coercion.
This role reports to the Foundation Vice President responsible for donor and public relations at the organization and is a full-time, in-person position in Springfield, VA, just outside of DC.
- Write and edit a wide variety of materials for both internal and external communications
- Evaluate developments in Foundation legal cases for noteworthiness to donors and members of the media
- Write and edit news releases, op-eds, newsletter articles and video scripts
- Compose communications with current and prospective donors
- Monitor news hits and prepare reports on Foundation-generated media coverage
- Identify additional media opportunities, then make and carry out plans turn those opportunities into coverage that highlights the injustices of forced unionism
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to make complex legal and public policies issues accessible to a broad audience
- Capable of multitasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines while collaborating with co-workers
- Proactive, persistent, and assertive organizational abilities that allow you to stay
focused and not let things fall behind
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with interruptions
- Commitment to individual liberty and limited government and the goals and mission of National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation
- Helpful, but not required skills for this position include experience with social media, e-mail marketing services, graphic design, video editing, and working with mail/print vendors
- Potential for travel once few months; approximately 5-10%
The National Right to Work Foundation operates out of a traditional office setting in its Springfield, VA headquarters located on the capital beltway.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation’s mission, and your salary requirements
- Professional writing sample(s) amounting to at least 800 words
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach at Talent Market, who is managing the search process: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.