The New Civil Liberties Alliance and the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty are looking for a mid-level accounting professional, based in downtown Washington DC, who will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions of the two separate organizations. This position will be directly answerable to the CFO and Executive Director. The position would also involve managing some human resource-related functions including Payroll, employee on-boarding and departures, and co-ordination of the group audit.
This position is based in Washington, DC and the working arrangement will be relatively flexible with the new hire expected to be in the office at least two days a week, splitting time between NCLA’s and Becket Fund’s offices.
About the New Civil Liberties Alliance and the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty:
The New Civil Liberties Alliance (www.nclalegal.org) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit civil rights group founded by prominent legal scholar Philip Hamburger to protect constitutional freedoms from violations by the Administrative State. NCLA’s public-interest litigation and other pro bono advocacy strive to tame the unlawful power of state and federal agencies and to foster a new civil liberties movement that will help restore Americans’ fundamental rights.
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty (www.becketlaw.org) is a nonprofit law firm dedicated to protecting the free expression of all religious faiths. Recognized for its extraordinary success before the U.S. Supreme Court and federal appeals courts, the Becket Fund recently joined 23 premier appellate firms across a number of practice areas as this year’s constitutional rights advocate on the National Law Journal’s “Appellate Hot List” and the only nonprofit law firm chosen since the list’s creation.
- Manage a monthly financial close process including bookkeeping and account reconciliations
- Prepare financial statements and custom reports when required (e.g., for grant proposals and year-end reports to donors)
- Assist and support with the preparation of the annual 990 and audit
- Assist with the performance of various executive, managerial, and administrative financial tasks
- Manage day-to-day account payables
- Manage payroll, employee on-boarding and departures, and other human resources-related functions
- At least 3-4 years of accounting and/ or financial services experience – relevant internships or work prior to graduation count toward this experience
- Passionate about individual liberty and the NCLA and Becket Fund missions
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Quickbooks, Zenefits, Paychex, bill.com)
- Degree in accounting, finance or business strongly preferred
- Prior experience with / knowledge of accounting requirements for nonprofits would be preferentially treated
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing: a) your interest in this position, b) your interest in/commitment to the missions of the New Civil Liberties Alliance and Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, and c) salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.