Accuracy in Media (AIM), a 50-year-old watchdog of the mainstream media, is seeking a full-time National Executive Director to help take the organization to the next level. The ideal candidate is passionate about fighting mainstream media bias and has the ability to fundraise in order to sustain the organization’s growth in addition to helping manage events promoting the work of the organization. The National Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing all day-to-day operations, including overseeing staff and training, communicating with vendors and the Board of Directors, and managing the organization’s finances, including payroll and vendor payments.
AIM challenges mainstream media bias across all mediums, including print, television, and online. AIM works with reporters who truly care about pushing for fair and balanced content while calling out those who attempt to pass biased opinions as facts in their reporting.
The National Executive Director will play a crucial role in the organization’s success in the coming years. He/she will have a direct impact on fundraising, media, and managing vendors and staff to ensure the organization continues to advance its goals of exposing media bias. The National Executive Director will lead AIM into its next phase of growth focused on expanding current operations and impact (including hiring new reporters, investing in new ideas to help develop intriguing content, etc.).
Accuracy in Media is headquartered in Washington D.C., but the National Executive Director will work from a virtual office.
Specific duties include:
- Cultivating donor relationships and soliciting support through phone calls, in-person meetings and presentations, and correspondence
- Managing organizational staff and vendors
- Serving as the organization’s primary spokesperson to the media and the general public
- Managing the organization’s finances including payroll and vendor payments
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the organization
- Reporting to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their input in necessary decisions including fundraising, media and increasing the overall visibility of the organization throughout the country
- Overseeing the organization’s online and mail programs; partnering with vendors as necessary
- Reviewing and approving contracts for services
- Other duties assigned by the Board of Directors
The right candidate would have:
- 5+ years of experience in the public policy, advocacy, or political fields
- Experience in non-profit fundraising and event planning
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills
- An eye for detail and be very accurate in their work
- Solid leadership skills; the ability to be diplomatic and fair when it comes to providing feedback
- Understand the target audience
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work long hours if required
- Approximate travel required: 20%
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in AIM’s mission, how your background is a fit for the Executive Director position, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.