Want to be part of the new civil liberties movement? One that put the power back in the hands of the courts and allows Americans due process protected under the constitution? New Civil Liberties Alliance is looking for a Multimedia Specialist to support the Communications and Marketing Department in this very important mission. The Multimedia Specials will join a growing team on the ground floor handling dynamic projects that guide brand messaging of the organization.
The Multimedia Marketing Specialist reports to, and works under the direction of, the Director of Marketing and Communications. This is the second hire for the Marketing and Communications team and as such the Multimedia Marketing Specialist will wear several hats – from managing social media, content creation for various mediums, audio-visual production, multimedia design, and other marketing and communications tasks. The position will be critical in the evolution of our brand and messaging to attract target audiences. Because this is a new role for an expanding team, we do not expect a candidate to be proficient in every area below. We’re looking for someone that is motivated by our work, has general experience in multi-media, and a willingness to challenge themselves and learn new material and platforms.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute and oversee NCLA social media channels Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn (from content creation to publishing to community management)
- Use channel + audience insights to develop an ongoing content strategy
- Create and source visual content (original graphics, videos, gifs)
- Write strong, punchy, and bold copy that drives a new audience, in addition to connecting with invested audiences
- Manage a weekly and monthly social media content calendar that is approved by Director
- Track key performance metrics on a weekly and monthly basis
- Proactively listen in on the social media space and propose new ideas and actionable opportunities to increase engagement, traffic and profitability
- Develop and create podcasts for promotional and informational purposes, including, but not limited to, website content, email, and social media
- Create content and graphics (icons, banners, tiles, presentations, etc.) in collaboration with management, and other team members, in order to develop effective marketing materials and ensure consistency
- Design digital graphics for desktop, tablet, and mobile; ensuring graphic solutions are optimized for performance, production and usability
- Provide creative support in the development and maintenance of internal and external web-related projects including, but not limited to, websites, landing pages and email campaigns
- Maintain in-house production studio, including software and tech product recommendations
- Independently handle various ad hoc AV equipment and multimedia needs to support meetings/trainings and communications.
- Develop multimedia products, integrating text, computer graphics, conventional art, photographs, or other media
Requirements & Skills Needed to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, or equivalent 2-3 years’ experience in similar work
- Understanding of marketing concepts, practices and procedures
- Social native, with ability to be comfortable in social spaces and keep current with social trends
- Proven track record of delivering highly-creative content and multimedia marketing services
- Ability to organize projects in a systematic way to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving and initiative skills to bring projects to the finish line
- An ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to think creatively and conceptually to understand instructional needs and translate them into graphic and multimedia designs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, self-starter, flexible, and detail-oriented 24/7, results-oriented
- Preferred skills include a working knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, Premier, After Effects, and Captivate, Meltwater
- Visual design skills, interactive web content skills, problem solving and collaboration skills, and attention to detail.
- A hunger for learning new material, software, and processes.
- Travel is required less than 10% of the time.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter which specifically explains 1) your interest in NCLA’s work, 2) how your experience relates to the job description, and 3) your salary requirements
- A brief portfolio including examples of any of your multimedia work you feel is a good example of your work. This may include samples such as graphic design work, photography, links to podcasts or social media platforms you’ve managed, etc.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.