About the Moving Picture Institute:
The Moving Picture Institute is a film production company and talent incubator that creates high-impact films designed to entertain, inspire, and educate audiences with captivating stories about human freedom. Founded in 2005 on the belief that stories can change the world, we advance our mission by launching talented filmmakers’ careers through grants and workshops, and producing MPI Original Films.
About the Role:
The Director of Finance and Human Resources will report to the Executive Vice President and will also work closely with the President. This is a remote position.
The person in this role will be responsible for:
- Managing all accounting and budgeting for MPI and MPI Original Films;
- Bookkeeping including entering all financial transactions in Sage Intacct, and serving as the administrator of Sage Intacct providing reports to senior management as needed;
- Serving as the main contact to outside accountants who serve as auditors and controllers;
- Paying all invoices and keeping records of all payments and receipts;
- Maintaining a record of accounts payable;
- Maintaining a record of all accounts receivable to insure that all revenue is collected on time;
- Managing annual financial audit and preparation of Form 990;
- Running the payroll with Paychex and managing employee and contractor onboarding;
- Maintaining employee handbook and related policies;
- Managing benefits with outside agents for health, dental, vision and disability insurance;
- Administering the 401k Plan;
- Managing state and federal tax compliance and registrations related to state tax payment obligations, state unemployment system obligations, etc.;
- Managing business and film production insurance brokers to ensure proper coverage;
- Managing compliance with entertainment industry guilds such as the Screen Actors Guild, Writers Guild of America, and Directors Guild of America
- Minimum of five years of experience in financial, business management, and bookkeeping;
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in finance, accounting, or CPA preferred;
- Experience with Sage Intacct, Concur, Paychex, and Salesforce, a plus;
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing the reasons why you are a strong candidate for this position, your interest in Moving Picture Institute’s mission, and salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.