About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For 40 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas. Mercatus is well known for its economic research throughout the country and in Washington, DC. Our scholars range from Ph.D. economists to lawyers who research a variety of economic-based public policy questions. We bridge the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems.
About the Opening
The Mercatus Center seeks a Marketing Associate to join the Marketing Team. Working under the supervision of the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Associate will join a collaborative, cohesive team that leverages marketing channels to advance our mission.
This individual will work with team members from across the organization to execute marketing strategies for various internal projects and programs. The primary responsibilities for this role will be social media content curation, website administration, analytics reporting, and email creation.
This role is based in the Mercatus Center’s Arlington, VA office. Candidates who live in the greater Capital Region who can travel to the office at least 2 days per week, will also be considered.
- Execute marketing strategies that advance the Mercatus mission
- Draft and publish content on social media channels to increase engagement and website traffic
- Write, code, and send multiple weekly email newsletters that drive users to Mercatus content
- Provide marketing support to various programs and projects
- Collaborate with marketing team members to identify opportunities for A/B testing and optimization
- Develop and launch advertisements to promote Mercatus content on digital channels
- Provide reports for organic and paid marketing efforts to help further improve marketing performance
- 1-4 years of marketing experience
- Demonstrated understanding of social and email marketing best practices
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Understanding of Google Ad Words
- Able to perform in a team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize independently
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with HTML preferred
- Experience with writing copy a plus
- Basic competency with Adobe CC a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this role and the mission of Mercatus Center
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Manager of Network Engagement of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.