About the Menard Family Initiative
The Menard Family Midwest Initiative for Economic Engagement and Research engages participants in economics through experimental research and enriching, interactive experiences to ultimately discover answers to our social, economic, political, and legal challenges. The Initiative’s work will shine a light on effective solutions and help advance positive change, starting in Wisconsin.
The Outreach Program Manager will lead the day-to-day and outreach elements of the newly established Menard Family Midwest Initiative for Economic Research and Engagement (The Initiative). The Outreach Program Manager works to expand the community’s awareness of the Initiative’s programs and services, strengthen the partnerships currently in place, and cultivate new opportunities and relationships with community, civic and business groups. Increased community engagement is one of the pillars of the Initiative. Working directly with Dr. Adam Hoffer, the successful candidate will also coordinate efforts with the other Initiative Faculty and Student hires.
Ideally, the Outreach Program Manager will work from our office on the University of Wisconsin La Crosse campus. We will also consider exception candidates who live within a reasonable distance of La Crosse and can be in the office semi-regularly.
- Supervises the implementation of outreach-program-focused strategic planning initiatives and objectives
- Develops and implements operating policies and procedures to promote the outreach program in alignment with the strategic plan
- Monitors the unit or program budget and approves program expenditures
- Reviews recommendations for and provides input on the design and development of new outreach programs or services
- Determines outreach program needs and the personnel resource allocation plan
- May exercise supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of student workers.
- Fundraising. This will include soliciting financial support to promote the sustainability of the work supported by the grant. Activities may include grant-writing and networking with donors.
- 3+ years of experience in project management, outreach, or a related field
- Evidence of the ability to assess and quantitatively demonstrate the efficacy of community engagement partnerships
- Evidence of the ability to plan, organize, execute, and assess events
- Proven track record of an ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders, constituents, businesses, and community groups
- Capacity to effectively use technology to manage schedules, communication, and deadlines
- Evidence of inter-unit collaboration and outcomes
- Evidence of understanding of inclusion and diversity as crucial components of student success
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited university in a content area appropriate to a position related to community/public relations preferred
- Experience with grant writing and fundraising preferred
- Evidence of successful collaborations within the La Crosse community preferred
- Ability to proactively identify and establish relationships with potential new UWL community partners preferred
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of The Initiative
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Strategist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.