About John Locke Foundation
The John Locke Foundation is an independent, nonprofit think tank based in Raleigh, North Carolina dedicated to defending and advancing freedom and working for truth, for freedom, for the future of North Carolina. Locke employs research, journalism, and outreach programs to transform government through competition, innovation, personal freedom, and personal responsibility.
About the Role
Locke is searching for an Operations Associate to organize and coordinate administrative duties and office procedures. The Associate will play a crucial part in creating and maintaining an efficient and productive work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness and communication. The Associate will be responsible for optimizing and leveraging staff time and effort through calendar management, travel planning, and other administrative support. Additionally, the Associate will work to ensure that the organization runs smoothly by adhering to organizational policies and continuously improving day-to-day operations.
This is a role for a well-organized and self-starting individual interested in advancing the overall mission of Locke. The ideal candidate is a high-energy individual with the ability to balance many ongoing projects simultaneously. Attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude are a must. This individual will report to the Director of Operations and collaborate with almost all staff members, so the ability to communicate effectively and professionally is essential.
The Operations Associate will create initiatives that further the organization’s overall goals with regard to the office environment and accommodation of staff. This position will operate full-time out of Locke’s office in Raleigh, NC.
- Maintain office calendar, schedule staff meetings, and coordinate miscellaneous office events
- Provide administrative support to the CEO (calendar management, expense reports, travel)
- Process receipts daily, make bank deposits as needed and support the development team as needed entering payments into Salesforce
- Maintain the organization’s donor database, including entering donations and producing thank you letters
- Handle office-wide shipping and mailing needs
- Communicate with board members to schedule bi-annual meetings and coordinate lunches, meeting logistics, etc
- Maintain and order office equipment and supplies. Assist with minor IT questions
- Responsible for light office maintenance (plant watering, kitchen cleanliness, water filters, etc.), mail distribution, and supply ordering
- Ensure front-of-office coverage, including phone calls and assisting visitors
- Respond to outside information inquiries
- Assist in special projects as needed
- 2+ years of related experience. Prior office manager or administrative assistant experience is preferred but not required
- Energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty, and exercises excellent judgment regarding confidential information
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred. Proficiency in MS Office
- Customer-service attitude and exhibits confidence and professionalism
- Familiarity and a keen interest in supporting Locke’s mission and vision
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position and your relevant experience
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Outreach Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.