Libertas Institute is an award-winning think tank in Utah with an 85% track record seeing its recommendations become law. We export our policy victories to other states to help partner groups and legislators replicate our reforms, and we operate educational projects such as the acclaimed Tuttle Twins children’s books that are read by millions of people throughout the world.
The Libertas Institute is seeking two motivated individuals to join its innovative policy team to increase its impact in Utah and across the country. Reporting to the Vice President of Policy and Strategy, these are full-time, in-office positions in Lehi, Utah.
There are two open policy positions:
- Tech & Innovation — dealing with permission-less innovation, the future of work, economic tax incentives, regulatory reform, emerging technologies, and more.
- Local Government — dealing with local taxes/fees, property rights and eminent domain, zoning and land use, taxes/fees, and more.
Each policy analyst will be responsible for:
- Expanding Libertas’s policy research by producing policy briefs, white papers, videos, articles, legislative summaries, and more
- Partnering with stakeholders and experts to elevate the organization’s brand and influence
- Following and compiling outside research for use in op-eds, videos, one-pagers, press releases, and interviews that inform and persuade
- Building a network of advisors and allies who can assist our work
- Identifying emerging trends and opportunities of special influence Libertas can have in the policy area
- Helping draft model legislation
- Being a face and voice of Libertas and representing the organization at various meetings and functions
- Supporting outreach efforts to communicate Libertas’s policy portfolio to other groups and partners
You will bring to the role your:
- Minimum three years’ experience in policy research or related work, such as practicing/studying law in the policy area (Internships may be considered experience)
- Policy savvy and an ability to navigate diverse, nuanced ideologies; Libertas engages with individuals who hold a wide variety of beliefs
- Excellent oral and written skills
- An entrepreneurial, collaborative mindset
- A firm belief in individual liberty
- Ability to travel occasionally to conferences and policy events
You will get:
- A salary commensurate with experience
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health care reimbursement
- Meal stipend
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as a single PDF:
- Cover Letter must include the following:
- Interest in the position and the mission of Libertas
- Salary requirements
- Which of the two open positions you are applying for and why
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.