Libertas Institute is seeking an accomplished individual with the leadership skills to advance the organization to our next level of growth and impact, both in Utah and nationwide. This person will be a passionate leader and a creative, experienced, and hardworking team member comfortable with tight deadlines across multiple projects.
This is a new role within Libertas Institute that will allow the president to spend more time on national fundraising and our Tuttle Twins educational program, while the EVP focuses on internal operations, management, and development. This is an in-office position in Lehi, Utah.
The EVP will be a people person and an efficient manager (of both people and projects) who can operate well under pressure. This person will need to share the organization’s values and believe in the core principles our work seeks to defend.
Top candidates will have at least five years of experience in a leadership role within an organization (either for-profit or non-profit), with experience in leadership development, team-building, and organization building. The ability to work in high performance teams and identify opportunities to leverage existing assets is critical.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing our organization’s infrastructure, including upgrading or adopting new systems for finances, HR, governance, culture, marketing, etc.
- Maintaining the organization’s reputation and brand, internally and externally
- Identifying and building new opportunities for the organization to excel and achieve our goals
- Helping oversee our organization’s fundraising efforts and assist in fundraising responsibilities as needed
- Maintaining an energetic and accountable workplace with strong public service and value-centric mission
- Reporting directly to the president and provide leadership development for director-level positions
- Ensuring organizational operations and governance are kept to the highest standards
- Developing professional development opportunities for each team member and perform quarterly reviews of employee goals and metrics
- Keeping our board updated and encouraging involvement in fundraising
- Overseeing our communications plan and ensuring coordination between each department to provide a unified organizational voice
You will bring to the role your:
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role within an organization (either for-profit or non-profit), experience in development is preferred but not required
- Limited travel required
- Experience managing staff and building teams, and ability to develop leaders for high-performing teams
- Strong relationship-building skills and outgoing, drama-free personality
- Highly collaborative style and customer service-centric approach to problem solving
- Innovative thinking with a track record of translating strategic thinking into action plans
- Clear record of implementing innovative and/or effective projects, and ability to manage a variety of initiatives
- Flexibility to manage a dynamic, fast-moving team juggling many projects
- High energy and sound judgement
- “Fire in the belly” intrinsic desire to change the world for the better
- Deep knowledge of the principles and ideas championed by our organization
- Matching 403b retirement plan
- Health care reimbursement plan
- Unlimited time off
- Flexible schedule
- Meal stipend and occasional work parties and outings
- Making a difference with an organization that is materially improving people’s lives
You’ll love it because…
- You will have the ability to make decisions impacting our organization
- Your work will help our effort to make a positive difference to benefit your friends, family, and neighbors
- The team you’ll be a part of is doing innovative, creative, and game-changing things
- You will enjoy autonomy and growth opportunities
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as PDFs:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of Libertas and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.