Libertas Institute is an award-winning think tank in Utah with an 85% track record seeing its recommendations become law. We export our policy victories to other states to help partner groups and legislators replicate our reforms, and we operate educational projects such as the acclaimed Tuttle Twins children’s books that are read by millions of people throughout the world.
About the Role
The Libertas Institute is seeking a motivated individual to lead its communications team and help drive policy change in Utah and across the country. They would help launch new initiatives, develop new opportunities, track data to inform our activities, identify stories worth sharing, create content, coordinate ongoing production of content by others, and proactively set the comms strategy to propose ideas for what Libertas should be saying and doing. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, this is a full-time, in-office position in Lehi, Utah.
In this role, you’ll get to…
- Use every part of your communications toolkit to advance Libertas’ agenda with the public, important stakeholders, and legislators
- Write articles and op-eds featuring Libertas work and persuade others to agree with our solutions
- Edit articles, op-eds, books, and other materials written by staff members to be flawless and persuasive
- Pitch stories to local and national media outlets to secure interviews for staff members
- Help each of our policy team members improve their writing, social media presence, and other communication skills
- Seek out new advertising opportunities to feature our innovative work
- Manage posting and scheduling of content on our website
- Help formulate marketing strategies for brand growth, new campaigns, projects, and opportunities that present themselves
- Use data-driven approaches to provide radical accountability for you and your team
- Be part of changing the world for the better (but really)
You’ll do it using your…
- 5+ years of experience in communications, editing, marketing, or another similar role
- Can-do attitude of helping make a difference by supporting those who are having a direct positive impact in our community
- Ability to use judgment and discretion in a variety of situations
- Extensive experience writing and editing and impeccable English skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with interruptions
- Proactive, persistent, and assertive organizational abilities that allow you to stay focused and not let things fall behind
- Problem solving skills to tackle new things without having to be told each step
- Good natured and drama-free personality; team player attitude
- Ability to travel on a very limited basis to conferences/other sessions
- Matching 403b retirement plan
- Unlimited time off
- Flexible schedule, including being able to work from home as needed
- Meal stipend and occasional work parties and outings
- Making a difference with an organization that is materially improving people’s lives
You’ll love it because…
- You will have the ability to make decisions impacting the organization
- Your work will help Libertas’ effort to make a positive difference benefiting your friends, family, and neighbors
- The team you’ll be a part of is doing innovative, creative, and game-changing things
- You will enjoy autonomy and growth opportunities
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications, your sincere interest in this position and Libertas’ mission, and your salary requirements
- 2 writing samples no longer than 6 pages each; writing samples relevant to Libertas Institute’s work preferred, but any two writing samples are acceptable
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Network Engagement of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.