Libertas Institute is an award-winning think tank in Utah with an 86% track record seeing its recommendations become law. We are exporting our policy victories to other states, and operate projects such as the acclaimed Tuttle Twins children’s books that are read by millions of people throughout the world.
The Libertas Institute is seeking a motivated person to expand its privacy research portfolio to increase its impact in Utah and across the country.
This position is full-time in-office in Lehi, Utah (work in office 2-3 days a week minimum), though we are open to considering remote candidates.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting in-depth research to produce policy briefs, legislative summaries, and writing to be submitted to academic publications
- Following and compiling outside research for use in op-eds, videos, one-pagers, press releases, and interviews that inform and persuade
- Supporting outreach efforts to communicate Libertas’s policy portfolio to other groups and partners
- Directing the efforts of our Privacy Scholar Network and organizing periodic events to showcase the scholars
You will bring to the role your:
- Policy savvy and an ability to navigate diverse, nuanced ideologies. Libertas engages with individuals who hold a wide variety of beliefs
- Excellent oral and written skills
- An entrepreneurial, collaborative mindset
- A firm belief in individual liberty
- Ability to travel occasionally to conferences and policy events
- A law degree is preferred, but not required
You will enjoy:
- Matching 403b retirement plan
- Healthcare Reimbursement
- Unlimited time off with a vacation benefit match program
- Flexible schedule
- Meal stipend and occasional work parties and outings
- Making a difference with an organization that is materially improving people’s lives
What success looks like in this role:
- Establish and begin building a following on social media and other outlets as a leading voice on government data privacy in the US
- Publish articles regularly on our site
- Integrate with your fellow policy team members, national government affairs teams advocating for privacy reforms in other states, and the members of the Privacy Scholar Network
- Publish a policy brief
- Oversee the publishing of at least a half dozen papers from the Privacy Scholar Network
- Begin offering policy solutions that can be advocated in Utah (and eventually around the country)
- Organize and execute a privacy symposium
- Publish in an academic journal
- Help our government affairs team pass several privacy reforms in Utah
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Résumé or equivalent
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and your sincere interest in this position
- A writing sample related to tech, innovation, or free enterprise (maximum 750 words).
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Outreach Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.