Landmark Legal Foundation is a national non-profit that upholds the Constitution and our founding principles through legal advocacy and education. Landmark advances an “originalist” approach to the Constitution — that the words in the Constitution mean what they meant at the Founding — and defends our nation’s bedrock principle of liberty. Landmark was founded in 1976 and has offices in Kansas City, MO and Leesburg, VA.
About the Role
The Development Manager will support Landmark’s President in developing and implementing the fundraising plan based on existing and future funding priorities. The Manager will build philanthropic relationships with donors, coordinate fundraising programs, and develop strategic steps to reach financial goals. They will assist with donor communications, including drafting proposals, mailings, emails, and record keeping.
This role reports directly to the President of Landmark. Landmark offers excellent health insurance and retirement benefits and three weeks of vacation in the first year, which increases the following year. There is a preference for this person to be in one of the two Landmark offices in Kansas City, MO or Leesburg, VA. For the exceptional candidate, this role may be executed virtually. Trips into the office on occasion will be required for virtual candidates.
- Work with the president to fulfill organizational fundraising goals
- Directly manage a portfolio of mid-level donor relationships through phone calls, emails, and occasional meetings to generate renewed gifts
- Schedule meetings with high-dollar prospects and donors for the president, and prepare presentation materials
- Track and manage steps for donor relationship-building and gift solicitation to facilitate the forward movement of all donors
- Oversee a communication calendar; track current, future, and pending solicitations (direct mail, email, and foundation proposals)
- Draft donor communications including grant proposals, reports, emails, and letters
- Maintain organized records in donor database and ensure that development systems operate efficiently and effectively
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Landmark’s programs and funding priorities
- 2+ of experience in fundraising work or a related field
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Passion for Landmark Legal Foundation’s mission
- Persuasive communicator possessing excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfort working on a relatively small, nimble, and growing team while managing a range of tasks
- Accountable, flexible, and highly detail- and results-oriented
- Good judgment and a sense of humor
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud Raisers Edge or other CRM system
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as PDFs:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of Landmark Legal Foundation and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Network Engagement at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.