Do you like to think big? Would you like be at the forefront of reducing tax burdens, improving public education and holding government accountable…and as part of a growing organization? Then this might be the opportunity for you!
Kansas Policy Institute seeks an entry- or junior-level addition to the team as a Marketing and Outreach Manager. This role will report to the Marketing and Communications Director and work out of either KPI’s office in Overland Park, Kansas, a suburb of the Kansas City, MO metropolitan area, or in Wichita. A Kansas-based virtual office position would be considered for the ideal candidate.
The Marketing and Outreach Manager is charged with assisting in the execution of social media, e-mail, and traditional advertising campaigns. Active engagement via institutionally-approved social media platforms, managing the back-end of the same, and translating on-line relationships into a grassroots network are key parts of the role. This candidate will also represent KPI at events around the state and connect audiences to KPI’s work, scholars, and that of its subsidiaries.
In this role you will work directly with the communications team to make marketing communications a success at KPI. You will have the opportunity to use your creativity on all critical aspects of digital marketing: lead generation, SEO, marketing automation, digital advertising, and the infrastructure and measurement to continue growing our reach and our subscribers.
- 0-4+ years of digital communications experience, preferably with an emphasis in paid digital advertising
- Ability to internalize organizational brand, style, and tone
- Appreciation for and alignment with the values of KPI
- Results-oriented, with a commitment to delivering quality campaign assets that are focused on achieving the goals and strategies set by our team
- Strong track record with social media advertising and high-quality social media content
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS, SEO, Google Analytics, and email marketing software
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office software suite, and social media platforms
- Ability to work off assigned social media content calendar
- Experience maintaining WordPress websites preferred
- An ability to represent KPI to outside organizations
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Undertake multiple, changing projects as part of a small organization
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% as needed within Kansas
Your specific job duties will include:
- Perform daily execution of digital tasks across a variety of channels, including website content editing, email marketing, paid advertising, social media, events, and lead generation.
- Strong ability to measure performance and provide reports. Measuring the effectiveness of campaigns’ channel performance is paramount to our communications work. Candidate should have experience providing detailed reporting and analysis of performance.
- Research and application of the best messaging and language for SEO.
- Strategic input and monitoring results of paid advertising.
- As digital methods and permissions are constantly changing, it is essential that you are fascinated by technology, enthusiastic about mastering the intricacies of various software platforms, and capable of working with/interpreting data. An attention to detail is critical.
- Researching and testing new channels to diversify our outreach efforts.
- Build, develop, and nurture personal relationships with current and prospective users of KPI materials.
- Identify and coordinate opportunities for these individuals and groups to participate more fully in the work of KPI and its affiliate groups, such as the Kansas Justice Institute.
- Arrange for networking opportunities, speaking engagements, and material distribution with like-minded groups for KPI staff, fellows, and affiliates.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your salary requirements and an overview of qualifications and commitment to the principles of limited government, personal freedom and free markets
- One recent writing sample; samples related to KPI’s work are preferred, but any writing sample is acceptable
- A list of three professional references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Network Engagement of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.