Established in 2014, the Koch Center for Leadership and Ethics humanizes business education by introducing students and the public to principled entrepreneurship and the moral free enterprise system necessary to support it. It emphasizes the inherently social nature of commerce through its creation of value for others. The Center educates students and the public about: the necessary conditions for principled entrepreneurship to function, the moral and ethical nature of mutually beneficial commerce, and the vital relationship between principled entrepreneurship and dignified human flourishing.
About the Opening
The Koch Center for Leadership and Ethics is hiring for a Program Coordinator to help oversee daily operations. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for planning, promoting, and implementing events and activities that achieve the Center’s objective of engaging students, faculty, and community in a discussion about ethical leadership.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for principled entrepreneurship and free enterprise to help manage and grow a burgeoning university center. The Program Coordinator will be integral in creating a transformative experience in the lives of students on campus, in Kansas, and nationwide. This position is located in Emporia, KS.
- Contribute to the design and distribution of marketing/promotional materials
- Plan and execute events and activities for the Center; events include public lectures, research seminars, and colloquia
- Assist in developing the annual operating budget for the Center
- Assist with the Center’s finances and maintain financial records
- Serve as point of contact for the Center
- Provide general administrative support; order supplies, process travel and reimbursements, and manage student employment for the Center
- Work closely with ESU Foundation staff to plan and execute annual giving efforts
- Assist faculty with the preparation of grant proposals
- Create content, monitor, and maintain the Centers’ websites and social media pages
- 2+ years of experience in project management, event management, think tank, university center, or related work (internships may be considered years of experience).
- Occasional travel is a possibility
- Strong relationship building skills; capacity to easily build relationships with a variety of individuals and groups, including students and professionals
- Ability to drive projects to completion with little oversight
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative marketing and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interest in and alignment with the mission of the Center; passion for principled entrepreneurship and free enterprise
The full-time position offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement, paid time off, and tuition assistance.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position/the mission of the Koch Center and salary requirements
- List of three professional references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
About Emporia State University
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
About Talent Market
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.