Illinois Policy Institute is seeking a Senior Analyst for Budget and Tax Research with outstanding research and communication skills to join our team of policy researchers.
For information about IPI, visit http://www.illinoispolicy.org.
The Senior Analyst for Budget and Tax Research Will:
- Conduct research into Illinois state and local fiscal issues
- Source and analyze data regarding fiscal issues
- Write articles for publication on Illinois Policy’s website
- Work with the Director of Fiscal and Economic Research and the communications team to develop and execute research and content strategies that help the organization achieve its policy and legislative goals
- Assist with fact checking fiscal policy content for accuracy and consistency
- Draft supporting materials such as policy fact sheets and handouts
- Work with policy and government affairs teams to develop bill ideas and supporting materials for legislative agenda, and to advance bills through testimony or meetings with lawmakers
- Explain and advocate for IPI’s ideas in media as needed, and appear in IPI videos and podcasts to discuss and explain fiscal issues
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, political science, finance, accounting, or similar field, with course work or experience with statistics, accounting or social science research methods
- At least 5 years’ work experience in government agency or other organization dealing with state and local government budget and tax issues, or 5 years’ combined work experience and graduate studies in field relevant to budget and tax policy analysis and research
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the free-market policies and mission of the Illinois Policy Institute
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, including Word and Excel, with knowledge of Excel functions commonly used for statistical analysis
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health insurance (company-paid medical), 401(k), flexible spending benefits, vacation and sick days.
The Senior Analyst for Budget and Tax Research will work from our Chicago office. Illinois Policy Institute has a hybrid work policy where employees can work from home two days each week.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position
- Why the mission of Illinois Policy Institute resonates with you
- Your salary requirements
- Writing sample
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement, at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.