Accuracy in Media uses citizen activism and investigative journalism to expose media bias, corruption, and public policy failings. Our organization empowers individuals to hold journalists as well as public and private officials accountable to achieve a well informed and free society.
About the Opening
Due to growth and expanding coverage needs, Accuracy in Media is seeking to hire 3-4 investigative journalists to expose and report on issues that can reform laws and change America’s culture.
The journalists will conduct interviews, gather information, and record video to be posted on our website and shared with other media outlets. Some undercover work will be required.
Previous Accuracy in Media investigations have garnered as many as 1.7 million views on Facebook and are regularly featured on Fox News and Fox Business.
This is a virtual position, and journalists will primarily work from home. The journalists will need to travel and work irregular hours and possibly weekends. Approximate travel: 20%.
Accuracy in Media offers competitive salary and flexible hours.
- Research stories
- Compile data
- Obtain interviews
- Write stories for release on website
- Undercover reporting when appropriate
- We are looking for a self-starter – someone who can find a story and do the necessary reporting to make it release-worthy. The candidate should be familiar with social media and mainstream media.
- We will consider someone fresh out of college who is committed to learning but candidates with at least one year of journalistic experience are preferred.
- Please visit AIM.org to see our past work and decide if you want to transform American politics and culture.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing interest in this position at AIM and your salary requirements
- Writing samples and links to published stories and/or videos.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.