About the Organization
The mission of the Independence Institute is to empower individuals and to educate citizens, legislators, and opinion makers about public policies that enhance personal and economic freedom. Founded in 1985, the Independence Institute was the first free-market, state-focused think tank and proponent of reform and civil liberties in the Rocky Mountain West. The Institute has grown in expertise and reputation to lead the state in examining, developing, and forwarding free-market solutions to public policy issues.
But we are more than a think tank. We are an “action tank.” We put our ideas into action through groundbreaking litigation, coalition building, ballot initiatives, media and investigative reporting. We don’t just fight on paper. We fight for freedom on the streets, in the statehouse, in the media, on the ballot, and in the courts.
About the role
The Development and Operations Associate will serve as the primary development operations coordinator responsible for assisting in and supporting all fundraising activities. You will be responsible for overseeing all database activities which include recording and processing donations as well as managing the input and output of all recorded data. You will be knowledgeable about our principles and focus areas, and develop genuine and enduring relationships with existing and prospective donors through direct and indirect communication. You will also serve as the onsite building operations coordinator including opening and closing the building, overseeing office equipment maintenance and repair through vendors, and activities related to greeting visitors and coordinating phone activities.
To be successful in this role, you must be a hard-working, relationship-driven, and self-motivated individual who shares our free-market, pro-freedom perspective. The salary range for this role is $45,000-$48,000 dependent on experience.
You will be based out of Independence Institute’s headquarters in Denver’s Uptown neighborhood and report to the Director of Development.
- Hard-working winner: A loyal, competitive, and results-oriented worker who creates a track record of success.
- Organized self-starter: An energetic and reliable individual who is motivated and meticulous in setting and achieving goals.
- Mission-driven freedom lover: A passionate believer in the importance of personal and economic freedom.
- Fun-loving teammate: An infectious culture-builder who cares about positivity, fun, a sense of humor, and making the workplace better for everyone.
- 1-3 years of proven results in an office setting.
- Technologically capable individual who is flexible and enjoys working with the public.
- Strong interest in advancing Independence Institute’s mission and vision.
- Ability and willingness to spend a significant portion of time building relationships and connecting with people in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, and capacity to prioritize and balance multiple projects and effectively and meet deadlines and goals.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and superb attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and fun-loving spirit. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves!
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook (advanced Excel knowledge and experience with Salesforce a plus).
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. to assist with operational duties and event planning.
What Independence Offers
- A winning team motivated to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results.
- Growth potential and the opportunity to build a rewarding and challenging career.
- A personal, family feel organization where we care about one another.
- Benefits package, including healthcare, retirement, life insurance, PTO, and more.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of the Independence Institute, and your compensation expectations
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and the position will remain posted until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.