About the Manager of Donor Relations Opening:
The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) seeks a Manager of Donor Relations (Western Region) to execute on its major donor fundraising strategy. Qualified candidates will have the experience and enthusiasm to work on a motivated team, focused on long-term relationship building with current and prospective individual supporters.
The Manager of Donor Relations is part of a wider Development Team charged with setting and reaching fundraising targets, executing on donor event strategies, and developing individual fundraising plans for current and prospective supporters in their donor portfolios. Both team and individual success requires execution of a ‘moves management’ strategy to identify, cultivate, and solicit supporters capable of making four- to six-figure gifts.
The Manager of Donor Relations will work from a virtual office ideally in one of the western states (CA, CO, ID, KS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, and WY).
The salary for this position is $75,00-$85,000 depending on experience.
- Work with the Director of Major Gifts to establish specific fundraising goals and execute moves management to attain revenue targets.
- Manage your portfolio of (approximately 150) major donor supporters and prospects, set fundraising strategies, and execute on each.
- This will require face-to-face donor meetings primarily in the central and western regions (CA, CO, ID, KS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, and WY), including collaboration on donor events throughout the year.
- Travel 30-40% for these meetings
- Identify and qualify major giving potential of prospective donors and enhance gifting abilities through establishing, forging, and strengthening meaningful relationships by keeping donors’ intent and the best interest of IHS at the forefront of fundraising efforts.
- Work with other Development Team members to integrate fundraising strategies across Comms & Marketing (including Direct Mail), Foundations Management, & Donor Events.
- A passion for the vision and work of IHS, and an ability to communicate that vision in a way that inspires and connects with donors’ respective philanthropic goals.
- Must be willing to travel 30%-40%.
- Candidates located in the SW area of the region preferred.
- 2+ years of major gifts fundraising (or related experience) with a demonstrated track record of building relationships and closing four to six-figure gifts.
- Planned giving knowledge and experience is helpful.
- Strong drive and initiative, demonstrated experience building external relationships, keen attention to the donor experience, and a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Proven capability to drive a technology-savvy and data-driven approach, with experience setting and tracking key performance metrics within a CRM system.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Your resume
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position.
- A compelling case about why the mission of IHS resonates with you.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement, at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.