For information about IPI, visit http://www.illinoispolicy.org.
The Head of Policy Will:
- Identify legislative areas of opportunity to advance free-market solutions and create and assign research that informs and supports our ideas
- Direct the production of policy research and work to ensure all policy products advance the goals of the organization, are accurate, and have messaging that is consistent with the Illinois Policy Institute’s principles and policy agenda
- Conduct research and write articles about policy issues
- Act as spokesperson for our policy work in media and in videos and podcasts for our audience
- Report on policy research and products to senior leadership and coordinate the production and release of policy products with the policy and communications teams
- Lead the policy team and help each team member develop their skills and talents to advance the goals and mission of the organization
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, political science, law, finance, accounting or similar field
- At least 7 years’ work experience in a government agency or office, law firm, public relations firm, news or policy publication, educational institution, think tank or other organization dealing with matters of public policy, or 7 years’ combined work experience and graduate studies in field relevant to public policy analysis and research
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Sound understanding of major policy issues in Illinois
- Demonstrated commitment to the free-market policies and mission of the Illinois Policy Institute
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, including Word and Excel
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company-paid medical), 401(k), flexible spending benefits, vacation and sick days.
The Head of Policy will work from our Chicago office. Illinois Policy Institute has a hybrid work policy where employees can work from home two days each week.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in this position
- Why the mission of Illinois Policy Institute resonates with you
- Your salary requirements
- Writing sample
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement, at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.