The Leadership Institute is a 501(c)3 organization that was founded in 1979 by its president, Morton C. Blackwell. LI provides training in campaigns, fundraising, grassroots organizing, youth politics, and communications. The Institute teaches conservatives of all ages how to succeed in politics, government, and the media.
The Institute offers 48 types of training schools, workshops, and seminars; a free employment placement service; and a national field program that trains conservative students to organize campus groups.
Since 1979, LI has trained more than 210,989 conservative activists, leaders, and students. The Institute’s unique college campus network has grown to more than 2,110 conservative campus groups and newspapers.
ABOUT THE OPENING
The Leadership Institute is hiring a Graphic Design Coordinator to work in its External Affairs division. The right candidate thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, enjoys independent research and learning new skills, and is committed to providing high-quality creative marketing materials to advance the conservative movement.
The Graphic Design Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Director of External Affairs and the Marketing Coordinator to complete the essential functions of the role. This role will be located in Arlington, VA at Leadership Institute headquarters.
- Development and design of promotional materials for trainings for all of LI, including flyers, ads, brochures, digital marketing graphics, and booklets
- Prepare printed materials for conference tables, and attend 3-6 conferences throughout the year
- Photograph LI events and trainings
- Opportunity to add creative and writing to LI’s digital marketing
- Keep track of printing needs for LI
- 1 year of experience with graphic design (internships may be considered experience)
- Approximately 10% of travel
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and/or Premiere), Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, not just data entry)
- Creative vision and ability to implement that vision with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Photoshop
- Demonstrated interest in digital creative, communications, and/or analytics
- Ability to work independently, balancing multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude and strong attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain printed publications budget
- Strong public speaking and/or presentation skills are a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills are a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary to support trainings
- Demonstrated interest in developing new professional skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants must have an up-to-date and complete jobseeker profile on www.conservativejobs.com to be considered for an interview.
After completing/updating your jobseeker profile on conservativejobs.com, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing:
- Your interest in the position/the mission of LI
- Your salary requirements
- Portfolio of Graphic Design work
- Confirmation that you have completed/updated your jobseeker profile
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.