About the Libertas Institute
Libertas Institute is an award-willing strategic impact organization headquartered in Utah. We are part “think tank” – with an 86% track record of our report proposals becoming law – and part educational initiative, our flagship program been the Tuttle Twins children’s books that are read by millions of people throughout the world.
About the Role
Libertas Institute is seeking an entrepreneurial grants officer to cultivate new relationships with aligned philanthropic foundations. A primary focus will be capitalizing on the recent national expansion of our Children’s Entrepreneur Market, finding and securing new funding and grants for this program in target states as well as other projects as needed.
This is a full-time position either in our Lehi office (hybrid) or remote. You will report to our Executive Vice President.
- Managing your own portfolio of foundations and granting organizations
- Writing engaging grant proposals and LOIs
- Tracking and reporting on measurables from a wide variety of grants Libertas has received
- Producing reports on impact and outcomes for past grantees
- Locating and approaching state-based and local foundations who would take a keen interest in our newly expanded Children’s Entrepreneur Market
- Attending periodic virtual and on-site meetings with potential and existing foundations
- Gaining a well-rounded knowledge of all the policy reforms and education initiatives that Libertas engages in
- Infrequent travel required (approximately 3%) for meetings and professional development
- 1+ years experience in fundraising
- 3+ years experience writing professionally
- Philosophical alignment with and passion for the mission of Libertas Institute
- Efficient, persuasive, and of a high standard
- Very high level of organizational details
- Tenacious follow-up and proactiveness
- Clear communication skills
- Above average networking skills
- (Optional but preferred) Background in using a CRM such as HubSpot
You will receive:
- A salary commensurate with experience
- Matching 401k
- Health care reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Vacation savings fund (with monthly matching and two annual bonuses)
- Meal stipend
The following outlines the anticipated responsibilities for the Grants Officer during their initial year of employment:
- Familiarize yourself with our organization, our various projects (in particular the Children’s Entrepreneur Market), and our current foundations work
- Identify and research 50 new foundations
- Identify and research a total of 200 new foundations
- Send out 25 LOIs
- Secure $500,000 in new grants
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, the mission of Libertas Institute, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Bailey Drouant, Outreach Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.