We’re an 82-year-old nonpartisan, nonprofit think tank located steps from the White House in Washington, D.C. Our staff brings a balance of time-earned experience and youthful ambition to the table, and we regularly work with policymakers on both sides of the aisle to help fix problems in national and state tax codes. By focusing on effective policies instead of politics, we have curated a reputation as the most effective tax policy think tank in the nation.
Our custom-built office is fitted with collaborative spaces that allow our staff to work together in a variety of settings. We want to facilitate a work environment that allows you to work the way you work best. Whether it’s providing cutting edge technology to our staff, allowing our staff to take risks and try creative new solutions, or organizing a lunch at a great restaurant during Restaurant Week, our management works hard to make the Tax Foundation environment an example of what working in D.C. should be.
Tax Foundation seeks a Grants Manager to join our development team. The Grants Manager will be responsible for helping maintain strong relationships with foundation donors, identifying new prospects, writing proposals and reports, and tracking and coordinating foundation donor engagement.
- Work closely with the president and program staff to learn about current projects and policy initiatives, and develop descriptions for possible funding
- Write letters of inquiry, major grants proposals, project descriptions, and reports
- Regularly research new funding opportunities to share with senior management
- Coordinate with the president to implement a cultivation process for new foundation prospects, including making calls and scheduling or attending meetings
- Manage the grants calendar, which includes submission dates for LOIs, proposals, financial reports, and program narratives
- Meet with program staff regularly to discuss the status of ongoing work and proposals, prospective donor communications, and strategic direction of the program
- Steward relationships and consistent communication with donors throughout the grant cycle, including acknowledgments of the receipt of grant funds with foundation requirements and reporting of deliverables
- Monitor and track all donor communication in the organization’s database
- Established writer with at least 5 years of experience; economics knowledge preferred
- Excellent grasp of English language, including advanced written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Word; knowledge of research databases (LexisNexis), CRM systems (Salesforce/DonorPerfect), and Excel useful
- Ability to vary and control nuances of tone, diction, rhythm, pace, and other stylistic features to make writing suit its purpose
- Ability to proof copy
- Ability to render complex technical aspects of Tax Foundation’s programs in language that donors can readily understand
- Can clearly and persuasively relate the aims of these programs to policy and philosophical concerns of donors
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Understand and support Tax Foundation’s mission and vision
Tax Foundation offers a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include HSA-based health coverage (TF covers an amount equivalent to three-quarters of a reference plan and deposits $1,500 annually for individuals and $3,000 annually for families into the HSA). We offer a 401(k) retirement plan (100% match on first 5%), and we cover 100% of the premiums for dental and vision coverage premium and provide life/AD&D/LTD insurance. Additionally, we offer 12 paid holidays per year, 15 vacation days per year, generous sick leave, and our office is closed during the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. We also offer casual Fridays and an early release on those days.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.