About the Organization
The Goldwater Institute was established in 1988 as an independent, non-partisan research and educational organization dedicated to the study of public policy. Through its research and litigation, the Institute promotes public policy founded upon the principles of limited government, economic freedom, and individual liberty. For more information, visit www.goldwaterinstitute.org.
About the Role
The Goldwater Institute seeks a dynamic self-starter to join the team as a Digital Communications Associate. The Digital Communications Associate is responsible for assisting the communications team with developing and sharing the Institute’s message via digital channels, in addition to assisting with traditional media efforts.
An ideal candidate has video production and graphic design skills, is well-versed in social media platforms, is an excellent writer, and is an entrepreneurial outside-the-box thinker. The candidate should be willing to perform their job with a positive attitude, learn new ways of communicating a message, and always be eager to bring innovative ideas to the table.
This position is based in Goldwater’s Phoenix, Arizona office but can temporarily be virtual if the candidate is willing to relocate to Phoenix.
- Manage Goldwater’s website, blog, email, and social media channels, including monitoring and reporting on traffic.
- Create and publish digital content, including writing social media posts, designing graphics, taking photos, and producing videos.
- Manage social media advertising campaigns.
- Assist in production of Goldwater reports, fact sheets, and other collateral, with a primary focus on print layout and design.
- Assist in creating and maintaining media lists and booking media appearances.
- Assist in writing media pitches and video scripts.
- Assist with producing live-streaming video events.
- Collaborate with Development department in email list management and email production.
- Interface with vendors to maintain produce printed materials, including reports and other products.
- 2-4 years experience in a digital communications or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience maintaining a website
- Experience creating graphic and video content
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office software suite, and social media platform
- Interest and awareness of trends in social media
Salary and Compensation
Goldwater pays a competitive salary, based on experience, and provides excellent benefits: employer participation in group health insurance, health savings account, 403(b) employer match, long-term disability insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, life insurance, PTO, and a voluntary dental and vision plan.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter that clearly lays out your interest in the position and Goldwater’s mission
- Salary expectations
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Strategist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.