About Franklin News Foundation:
The Franklin News Foundation holds government accountable through citizen-focused public journalism with a taxpayer sensibility. Our newswire service, The Center Square, is the fastest-growing in the nation, reaching more than 1 million paid subscribers daily.
Now, more than ever, Americans want fair and unbiased news. And we believe that when ideas are presented fairly, the best ideas reach the marketplace and ultimately win.
That’s what we do each and every day.
Our long-term vision is nothing short of transforming American journalism, ensuring taxpayers receive the content they need to make informed decisions. This is a lofty goal that requires exceptional effort and exceptional people to make it real.
About the Opening:
We are seeking an entrepreneurial Major Gifts Officer who can embrace this vision as a personal passion and be motivated by it, bringing their best to work every day. The Major Gifts Officer will be a dynamic individual who can help expand our individual donor base, while growing and cultivating our current major-gift supporters.
The Major Gifts Officer will work closely with Franklin’s president to identify and cultivate individual major gift supporters. This individual will also work alongside a team of consultants providing foundation outreach, grant writing and operational support to ensure the organization meets its ambitious revenue goals.
The Franklin News Foundation is a national organization based in Chicago, IL. The Major Gifts Officer can work from a virtual office anywhere in the country and will only need to visit the headquarters 2-3 times per year.
- Identify and cultivate prospective major gift supporters
- Cultivate current major gift supporters using a “Moves Management” framework
- Learn and pay close attention to the passions and preferences of each donor and customize a personal approach to each
- Make excellence in customer service a hallmark of their work by anticipating and exceeding the expectations of our team and our donors
- Make frequent outbound calls to prospective major gift supporters to determine if they are interested in our work – and if so, secure face-to-face meetings
- Deliver regular reports on progress toward revenue goals
- Travel up to 50% to participate in donor meetings
- Be pleased but unsatisfied with yesterday’s results, always working to improve their own personal performance as a direct link to the organization’s outcomes
The ideal candidate will have:
- Three or more years of proven results in sales, media sales or major-gift fundraising
- Sales-oriented approach to connecting with individuals through email and the telephone
- Strong commitment to the Franklin News Foundation’s mission and vision
- Familiarity with marketing and sales platforms; experience with Salesforce is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a high degree of self-accountability
- Capacity to adjust strategies and tactics quickly in response to new information with the ability to balance shifting and competing priorities
- Willingness to travel and a current, valid driver license
- Live near a major airport
Application Instructions :
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position, relevant training and experience, and salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Director of Talent Engagement at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.