Franklin News Foundation is a nonprofit newsroom on a mission to advance public interest journalism through its state newswire service, The Center Square. Our journalists cover breaking and important state and local news from the perspective of how it impacts taxpayers. We provide news dedicated to government transparency, accountability and fiscal responsibility. We offer our work to legacy newsrooms across the nation, providing a free and better alternative to other expensive and biased newswire services. Our work allows American readers to understand the impact and importance of government decisions, all through the lens of how the decisions impact taxpayers and through the sources they already read and trust.
About the Role
Franklin News Foundation is looking for an outstanding communicator and relationship builder to join our team as an investor relations officer. This will be a critical addition to our growing development team, responsible for expanding relationships with foundations and overseeing all donor communications for the organization. The individual will identify prospects, build long-term relationships and secure financial support from foundation partners. They should be an excellent communicator and writer to effectively share Franklin’s mission and impact with partners. This person will also be responsible for overseeing and writing our donor communication materials. They will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to help the organization reach its ambitious fundraising goals.
The ideal candidate preferably has professional experience in nonprofit development, writing, communications or some other related field. The candidate must be entrepreneurial and self-accountable, with the ability to take ownership of projects and see them through from start to finish. The individual will also actively solicit input and feedback from others on their work. This candidate must possess the desire to work as part of a team to accomplish ambitious goals that require collaboration. The investor relations officer will report to the director of investor relations. This full-time position can be based in either our Chicago headquarters or in a virtual office with a willingness to travel as needed.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in similar or related fields of nonprofit development, writing or communications, though more senior candidates are also encouraged to apply; salary will be commensurate with experience
- Ability to travel up to 20% when regular travel resumes
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Interest and experience with the U.S. legacy and nonprofit news industry, or willingness to jump in and learn
- Deep curiosity and understanding of current events, especially public policy and politics
- Ability to transform internal ideas, metrics and strategies into easy-to-understand and compelling language for donor audiences
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and follow through
- Firm belief in the freedom of speech through journalism and news
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position, relevant training and experience, and salary requirements
- 3 professional references with contact information for each
- Date available for work
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.