About the Organization
Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge motivates and educates people of all ages and political backgrounds. We inspire adults and instill in students the need to understand their rights, embrace their civic responsibilities, and promote the spirit and philosophy of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. And we’re here to recognize and celebrate anyone who elevates this important work. Founded in 1949, our 75-acre campus in the heart of historic Valley Forge is the center of our educational mission to ensure today’s young people appreciate the freedoms they enjoy daily and the sacrifices required to pass that birthright of liberty on to the next generation.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced grant writer and researcher to craft solicitations, acknowledgements, and reports for foundation and corporate donors. The Manager & Grant Writer works proactively with the Executive Vice President and the rest of the development team to meet fundraising goals, grow the number of donors supporting the organization, and increase the amount of financial support Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge receives through grants.
This is a full-time role based on our Valley Forge campus. For exceptional candidates we will consider remote options. Such candidates will need to be on campus for an initial period of two to three months and as needed thereafter, and must demonstrate the ability to work effectively from a virtual office.
Some travel expected (no more than 10%) as well as administrative tasks including use of Salesforce to track and record grant process.
- Maintain an aggressive grants calendar, managing all foundation accounts, assuming responsibility for communications
- Research and identify new foundation prospects for solicitation whose goals are consistent with Freedoms Foundation’s mission and vision
- Craft high quality, compelling, and successful letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports
- Ensure quality control for all written materials for development team
- Engage with education team to experience first-hand all education programs and meet participants regularly to better understand meaning and value of the programs
- Interact with the education team to gather, maintain, and update useful statistical measurements related to program and donor impact
- Track grant prospects and submissions; manage, update and maintain accurate grant database/calendar to track grant writing activities, reporting, renewal requests and deadlines in Salesforce; ensure timely submission of proposals and reports
- Build relationships, where appropriate, with foundation donors in your portfolio to grow the foundation’s involvement with Freedoms Foundation’s programs and events
- Collaborate with development team on execution of department goals including significant projects and events – such as gala, friendraisers, chapter conference, etc.
- Make appointments for CEO and/or EVP with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees)
- Participating in the gift acknowledgement process by making calls and/or writing handwritten notes
- Work to improve systems and processes to better serve our donor base
- Excellent written, verbal, and editorial skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, effectively managing multiple projects, and prioritizing tasks and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to accept and give constructive feedback
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge of Salesforce, Office Suite, Pardot (or similar), Constant Contact, Zoom, and Candid (GuideStar & Foundation Center)
- At least 3 years’ experience grant writing in a nonprofit environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Passionate enthusiasm for Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge’s mission and vision
- Salesforce experience preferred; familiarity with a recognized fundraising CRM required
- Ability to travel, when needed, to meet with foundations and donors
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Healthcare (after 90 days)
- 403(b) with company contribution after 1 year
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter, which should detail your philosophical interest advancing Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge’s mission and your office location preference
- A writing sample related to development communications (such as a grant proposal or project prospectus)
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Strategist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.