FEE is searching for a high-energy Outreach Associate who can recognize opportunities and turn leads into long-lasting partnerships. With their extensive product knowledge and understanding of FEE’s educational student programing, the Outreach Associate will communicate directly with prospects and new leads, understand their individual needs, and recommend FEE program and student opportunities that maximize value. The Outreach associate may also assist in developing teacher outreach strategies and executing outreach projects. You should be an adaptable, knowledgeable multi-tasker with strong computer and communication skills. This position will help the outreach team reach new opportunities. The ideal candidate will be able to combine their love of the ideas of a free society with a passion for designing and implementing extraordinary customer experiences. This position will be working with educational products at FEE.
FEE in the Classroom is the portion of the organization that interacts directly with students, educators, and professors among others, either via webinars and programs or classroom resources and lesson plans. FEE programs are intended for high school and college students and cover the following areas: entrepreneurship, personal finance, economics, and government.
The successful candidate will be skilled communicator and presenter who can find the best fit between teacher accounts and FEE programming products. This person will be organized, passionate about client relations, and focused on enhancing the buyer experience.
This role can be executed from FEE’s headquarters or virtually and will report to the Director of Product Development, Javier Perez-Saavedra.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with new prospects, customers, and faculty network throughout the booking process
- Research new opportunities
- Brainstorm new ideas to retarget and engage new customers
- Collaborate with the outreach and programs team to refine the program selling and booking process
- Collaborate with the marketing and analytics teams on campaigns and automation
- Promote FEE events and resources where appropriate (via email and social media)
- Suggest new content types based on new customer interests
- Help FEE’s Education department convert new leads to accounts for virtual and in-person program opportunities
- Build teacher relationships with new accounts and key partners
- Review organization executing processes to ensure new accounts get maximum satisfaction from their engagements with FEE
- Educate and inform new accounts about FEE’s new educational initiatives and special projects
- Attend to account complaints and resolve issues promptly
- Conduct satisfaction surveys and recommend ways of improving satisfaction
- Participate in one-on-one meetings with prospects and new clients to explain services to guide their choices
- Understand the problems and challenges of clients and identify ways the organization could better address needs
- Seek opportunities to cross-sell or upsell to new clients
- Provide excellent service to maintain a positive reputation for the organization
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and professionally
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- 0-2 years of experience working with high school teachers and/or homeschool groups
- Ability to work with a team, meticulously communicating progress on larger projects
- Ability to travel domestically up to 35%
- Unwavering commitment to the mission and principles of FEE and passion for education
- Copywriting or social media marketing experience would be a bonus, though not required (FEE’s newsletter audience is their account list, same with FB subscribers)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer service skills
- Experience working with Monday.com, Google Docs, and customer relationship management (CRM) SalesForce technology is strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience organizing and juggling multiple priorities while keeping everything on track
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision
- A proactive, entrepreneurial spirit pushing you to improve existing programs
- A collaborative personality, unafraid of challenges
- Outgoing and customer-oriented attitude
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as a single PDF:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position, your salary requirements and the mission of FEE
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Network Engagement of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.