Being a part of ExcelinEd means joining a high-performing and motivated team of education advocates with a shared belief that every child deserves a quality education. Team members are committed to our core values of service, integrity, collaboration, expertise and making a difference. Our organization sets big, hairy audacious goals and works tirelessly to support states in transforming education through student-centered policies that increase student learning, advance equity and ready students for college plus careers.
About the Role
The Accounting Associate supports the organization’s accounting function including month-end close, year-end reporting and audit, accounts payable, accounts receivable and other areas, as needed. The Accounting Associate also supports the broader administration department to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency in financial operations.
This role will report to the Director of Finance and can be performed remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform certain daily accounting tasks to support the monthly close process, including account reconciliations, cost allocations and accruals
- Support reporting and analysis needs for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and grant reporting
- Uphold all internal controls and standard operating procedures; recommend and implement best practices
- Support annual audits of the financial statements, the preparation of annual 990 tax disclosures and state sales and use tax filings
- Support proper accounting and compliance review and approval for travel and business expense reporting
- Provide data entry and systems support for accounts payable processing and accounts receivable invoicing
- Projects and tasks, as needed and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Two+ years of accounting experience
- Non-profit accounting experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of GAAP
- High technical proficiency in Microsoft Excel and navigating accounting and expense software, such as Blackbaud Financial Edge and Concur
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational and teamwork skills
- Customer service focus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and ExcelinEd’s mission, how your past experience makes you the best fit for this role, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Outreach at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.