The American Conservation Coalition Campus (ACCC) is the nation’s largest right-of-center environmental organization.
ACC Campus is a student-focused, free-market environmental organization. We work on college campuses nationwide to educate students about a conservative approach to clean energy and conservation issues. We support a broad range of limited-government and market-centric policies to usher in a new generation of stewardship to create a better tomorrow. By working with a diverse group of free-market organizations and activists, we are changing the narrative and beginning a new discussion about the environment on campus.
In just under two years, ACCC has gained a strong presence on over 125 college campuses and enhanced its voice in Congress. Working with the most influential political leaders, as well as some of the nation’s largest companies and nonprofits, ACCC is making its mark by bringing conservatives back into environmental discussions.
The American Conservation Coalition Campus is searching for an Executive Vice President (EVP) to join our Senior Leadership team, which currently consists of ACCC’s President (Benji Backer) and Chief Operating Officer (Danielle Butcher). This role provides a unique opportunity to leverage key leadership and management skills. Most importantly, the EVP will have the opportunity to play a major role in the continued growth and development of ACCC, the nation’s fastest-growing environmental movement.
- The EVP will manage 2 full-time on ACC Campus staff members and nearly 50 volunteers.
- The EVP will travel (on average) once every 2 weeks. This travel will include giving speeches, making donor visits, conference exhibiting, and meeting with partners.
- The EVP will report to the President, Benji Backer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Engage in donor relations and research
- Reaching out and meeting with donors to enhance ACCC’s message and build its donor base
- Spearhead ACC’s membership growth
- Make appearances on television and radio; respond to print media inquires; engage in editorial writing for key media outlets (the ACCC Communications team and PR firm will help arrange media coverage)
- Build out and maintain ACCC’s partner organizations. This will include managing relationships, projects, and research on external organizations.
- Report directly on your duties and general work to the ACCC President and Board of Directors
- Assist in the oversight and allocation of ACCC finances
- Provide feedback to the Senior Leadership Team on ACCC’s strategic vision and goals
- Strong belief in the ACC Campus mission/free-market environmentalism
- 5+ years of leadership experience with an emphasis on strategy and team management
- Fundraising experience
- Political and legislative experience
- Media experience preferred
- Proficient with Google Drive, Slack, and CRM software
- Willingness to work with a startup nonprofit
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
The American Conservation Coalition Campus is the nation’s premier right-of-center organization and is shifting the dialogue in a way no other organization is doing currently. While this position will require non-traditional hours and frequent travel in a rigorous start-up culture, the position has unlimited potential for growth, experience, and difference-making.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements
- List of 3 professional references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.