Show-Me Opportunity (SMO), in conjunction with the Show-Me Institute (SMI), promotes liberty and free-market solutions to the problems facing Missouri, and hosts regular lectures and events throughout this state.
About the Role
SMO is seeking a dynamic and skilled individual to manage this increasingly important outreach to Missourians. The Events and Outreach Coordinator will report directly to the Communications and Outreach Manager of SMO and work closely with the Director of Development of SMI. This position is located in St. Louis, MO.
Events Planning and Execution
- Developing, in consultation with the Communications and Outreach Manager and Director of Development, an approximately 20-30 event 12-month-out calendar for major and speaker series events
- Organizing and planning all aspects of events: venue, program/booking, AV, catering, etc
- Day-of event management
- Working with individuals to organize and execute in-home and small-venue events
- Creating a network from which SMO and SMI can reach out to speakers that may be of interest to supporters and pro-free market citizens
- Working with the communications team to produce reusable staging materials and signage
- Reaching out to and building relationships with Missourians who support free-market solutions to Missouri’s problems
- Creating and managing speaking opportunities for SMI’s scholars and staff
- Building coalitions
- Work closely with the Communications and Outreach Manager to pitch and schedule media appearances to promote SMI research and events.
- Manage e-mail and social media campaigns on multiple platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Constant Contacts)
- Manage and respond to feedback, comments and questions regarding events and outreach opportunities on SMI digital platforms.
- Depending on the candidate, this role may include writing clear and concise copy for promotional materials, social media posts, newsletters, event descriptions, press releases and blog posts.
Skills & Qualifications
The successful applicant will:
- Have 0-4 years of experience (internships may be considered experience)
- Have the ability to travel 20% of the time
- Be passionate about and committed to the mission of the Show-Me Institute
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- Have a bachelor’s degree in related subject matter
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your sincere interest in this position and the mission of the organization,
- Your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.