The Daniels Fund, established by cable television pioneer Bill Daniels, is a private charitable foundation dedicated to making life better for the people of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming through its grants program, scholarship program, and ethics initiative.
The Daniels Fund strives to ensure its work reflects Bill Daniels’ written directives, values, and unmistakable style. Bill was a patriotic American who served our country in two wars. He was a capitalist who loved our free enterprise system and was well known for his generosity to people from all walks of life. Guided by his compassion, Bill transferred his $1 billion estate to form the assets of the Daniels Fund to carry forward his legacy of giving.
Since its founding, the Daniels Fund has become a permanent fixture in the communities it serves and continues to make significant and lasting impact. To learn more about the Daniels Fund and its impact to date, please visit: www.danielsfund.org
The Engagement Manager provides critical support to the Senior Vice President, Scholarship Program specific to the ongoing exposure, education, and engagement of both scholars and alumni. The Engagement Manager establishes tools and metrics to ensure the program is successful and effective in achieving its desired outcomes, while maintaining and extending the legacy of our founder, Bill Daniels.
The Daniels Scholarship Program offers a four-year college scholarship that provides financial and personal support focused on helping Daniels Scholars succeed in college, and in life. Every year, Daniels Scholars are selected from our four-state region of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming. Daniels Scholars have attended more than 400 colleges and universities in 48 states. Through March 2021, the Daniels Scholarship Program has provided more than $220 million in undergraduate scholarships to over 4,600 students.
The Engagement Manager will work from the Daniels Fund office in Denver, CO.
The Engagement Manager will develop a robust and active network of Daniels Scholars and alumni supported by the creation and implementation of educational programming aligned to the priorities of the Daniels Fund and the scholarship program.
This role will:
- Design and implement a scope and sequence of educational curriculum and programming that exposes Daniels Scholars and Alumni to topics and priorities of the Daniels Fund both throughout their college experience and beyond.
- Develop tools and metrics to report on the outcomes of programming to demonstrate impact of all program activities.
- Design and execute a strategy for community volunteer recruitment including management of interviewer recruitment and community ambassador programs.
- Manage sponsorship opportunities and community outreach including interfacing with youth-serving agencies, industry partners, and employers.
- Within approved strategies, develop and manage employer outreach strategies for the purpose of internship and job placement support for Daniels Scholars.
- Develop a robust and active network of Daniels Scholars alumni that persists beyond the college years and engages alumni in future activities of the Fund, including but not limited to interviewers for future cohorts of scholars.
- Design and implement strategies to engage the alumni network of Daniels Scholars graduates, including the maintenance of the database and continual outreach.
- Coordinate programming and events for Daniels Scholar alumni, in conjunction with event planning team members at the Fund.
- Serve as the lead contact for all alumni communications and inquiries.
- Develop and maintain the Daniels Scholar Connect platform and social media accounts.
- Collaborate with the communications department to capture and highlight scholar success and alumni impact stories.
- Establish and facilitate scholar and alumni advisory boards.
- Minimal travel may be required
You are mission-oriented. You have a passionate commitment to Bill Daniels’ mission and values and an eagerness to incorporate his thinking into programmatic activities. You understand first-hand the importance of the foundation always adhering to Bill Daniels’ principles, style, and direction. You value and respect the Fund’s uniqueness, reputation, and impact. You are aligned with Bill Daniels’ values and stated priorities to advance his legacy.
To learn more about Bill Daniels, please visit https://www.danielsfund.org/billdaniels/values
You are results-driven with a demonstrated desire for impact. You have an unyielding focus on impact and are driven by a desire to achieve outcomes. You are motivated by the pursuit of long-term objectives and a focus on metrics for impact.
You are skilled at content creation and an exceptional writer. You have a unique ability to start from a blank page and craft highly effective content. You excel at taking complex and evolving information and presenting it in a synthesized and focused deliverable. Your work product is well-organized, aesthetically pleasing, and nearly always error-free.
You are an effective planner and prioritizer. You enjoy managing and coordinating projects, especially the challenge of managing multiple projects simultaneously and projects with high levels of complexity. You are determined to achieve deadlines and adjust to changing priorities or challenges that arise.
You are an excellent communicator and collaborator. You use clear and concise language that reflects the context in which you are communicating. You have superb written and verbal communications skills, whether in one-on-one or in large gatherings. You value collaboration and working with various perspectives to achieve outcomes.
You are a connector. You understand how to engage with individuals to build a community and advance a legacy. You listen actively to discern what the members of the community need and seek to evolve your service offerings to align with those needs. You inspire those in front of you and see how that inspiration is multiplied as your impact expands far beyond yourself.
There is no explicit requirement for years of experience. We are looking for the right person to grow within our foundation and team.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position will be in the range of $80,000 to $110,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Daniels Fund offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, health, dental, vision insurance, long-term disability, life insurance, a matched 401k retirement plan and a host of additional benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover Letter (see details below)
- Work Sample (see details below)
Cover Letter: In your letter, please include information detailing:
- Your interest in this position
- Your alignment with Bill Daniels’ values, speaking specifically to his belief in the free enterprise system, his commitment to patriotism, and belief that America is the land of opportunity.
- Your salary requirements
Work Sample: We would like to get a better sense of your work product quality and ask that you include one work sample as part of your application. Your work sample would ideally be a document that demonstrates your ability to present complex information and excel in this role. It could be a presentation, report, letter, or other deliverable that you have authored or created yourself in a previous position.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Daniels Fund is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.