About SPN & the Event Manager Opening:
State Policy Network (SPN) is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. Our mission is to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored with high-performing, independent think tanks.
SPN is seeking an Event Manager to join our fast-paced, growing events team. This position is ideal for a pro-liberty, entrepreneurial candidate with an interest in gaining valuable event planning experience and learning more about the state-based free market think tank network.
The Event Manager will work directly with our Director of Events on event preparation, planning, and on-site execution for multiple events. The Event Manager will also assist with SPN’s Annual Meeting, which is one of the largest, premiere events in the Liberty Network, with over 1,300 attendees, particularly with contributing content ideas for the meeting.
The Event Manager’s role advances SPN’s mission and strategic objectives by planning events that communicate SPN’s key priorities and training and build stronger relationships with our constituents. This position will require management of the event from concept to successful completion.
The Event Manager can be based in SPN’s Arlington, VA headquarters or in a virtual office.
- Develop and drive event strategy for each assigned programmatic event. For each event, develop key objectives, measurable goals, and target audience to further advance organization mission.
- Ensure brand consistency of SPN and high-quality execution of each event.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service to reflect SPN brand to both internal and external customers.
- Drive overall event execution timeline, including all event-related activities from logistics (including food/beverage needs, travel, and venue) to marketing timeline and program development.
- Track event performance and metrics to evaluate event effectiveness.
- Calculate, track, and report event budget. Recommend adjustments as necessary throughout planning process to ensure event effectiveness and adjustments that may need to be made to achieve event goals.
- Maintain and develop key vendor relationships in coordination with other event team members.
- Provide logistical support and coordination for SPN’s Annual Meeting.
- 3-5 years of experience, including lead management experience in event planning.
- Preferred knowledge with content planning
- Ability to travel 30-35% (or more; this is dependent on the candidate’s location).
- Strong interest in having a role that will further State Policy Network’s mission and impact.
- Problem-solving and management in time-sensitive situations.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic.
- Team player with upbeat personality.
- A strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively.
- Extensive logistical expertise.
- Registration and communications best practices with a high degree of customer service (experience with event registration platforms, including Cvent, is preferred).
- Venue and vendor sourcing and management.
- Contract negotiation skills and experience.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word, Salesforce, and cloud-sharing programs.
- Understanding of social media in event settings.
This is a full-time position that includes travel (35%).
Some events will require on-site execution that will occur outside of normal business hours.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF file:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/SPN’s mission, compensation requirements, location preference, and travel availability.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katelynn Barbosa, Talent Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.