Since 2005, the Empire Center for Public Policy (EC) has been working to make New York a better place to live and work by promoting public policy reforms grounded in free-market principles, personal responsibility, and the ideals of effective and accountable government.
The Center seeks an Education Fellow to lead its education policy work. This is an exciting time to join a growing team working to expand its presence and impact in the state Capitol and throughout New York.
The Education Fellow can work from the Center’s Albany, NY headquarters or from a virtual office anywhere in the country. If virtual, regularly monthly or bimonthly travel to the office will be preferable.
- 5+ years of experience in policy analysis/research or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, advanced degree in a related field preferred
- In-depth knowledge of New York and/or education policy
- Familiarity with the New York legislature or another state legislature
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to produce fact-based work free from hyperbole, sensationalism and politics
- Plan, organize and manage the Center’s education research agenda
- Author original work related to the Center’s education policy goals
- Represent the Center by speaking at events throughout the state
- Conduct media interviews, write op-eds, testify before the legislature
- Work with researchers, development and media teams to plan seminars, policy forums and other activities to advance education research
- Minimal travel
- Strong writing ability, including the ability to turn out clear, clean and concise copy on tight deadlines
- An affinity with EC’s free-market approach to the public policy challenges facing New York State
- Familiarity with common PC and/or Mac software
- Proficiency in using the Internet, including social media
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing candidate background, interest in the Center’s mission, a compelling case for why the applicant would excel in this position, and salary requirements
- Two writing samples
- At least three references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
EC is an equal-opportunity employer. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.