As the liberty movement’s community foundation, DonorsTrust is the only donor-advised fund that puts protection of donor intent and the advancement of free-enterprise principles at its heart. Since 1999, DonorsTrust clients have donated more than $1.3 billion to advance the free society and contributed more than $1.4 billion toward their donor-advised fund accounts.
About the Opening
As the Communications & Marketing Manager, you will help DonorsTrust continue to discover new clients and deepen the relationship with existing ones. This role occupies a unique space in the philanthropic world with aspects of communications, marketing, development, and events. You will drive success of our content and communications strategy through newsletters, blogs, earned media, and paid advertising.
DonorsTrust is a small office – fewer than ten people – but we punch well above our weight in terms of impact. To be successful in this role, you will have a growth mindset, be willing to handle projects big and small, ask questions, and help us develop new ways of growing and serving our client base.
Key responsibilities fall into three main areas
- You will take the lead in executing our advertising strategy in magazines, podcasts, and online.
- Help us expand our portfolio of ads, understand what works, manage vendor relationships,
- Serve as project manager for the various moving parts of successful campaigns. This includes building out new means of leveraging social media platforms for engagement and top-of-funnel prospect recruitment.
Client and Prospect Communications & Content:
- You will ensure DonorsTrust stays in regular contact with our network of prospects with relevant and valuable information. This includes developing and driving the blog and newsletter editorial calendar, executing client communications, and improving our top-of-funnel cultivation strategies.
- You’ll manage our marketing material, including driving improvements to content and development of new content.
- You’ll design (or work with outside designers to get such work done) various marketing elements, such as webinar graphics, invitations, and ads in event programs.
- Assist with mailings, research, events, and other projects as needed to help the broader team be successful
- 3-6 years of experience in marketing or communications role(s)
- Experience working with confidential information; an understanding of and extreme commitment to confidentiality and donor privacy
- Commitment to the principles of a free society embodied in the ideas of limited government, personal responsibility, and free enterprise
- Willingness to learn, to experiment, to try again, and to seek continuous improvement
- A sense of humor and desire to grow with a dynamic team
- A servant’s heart and an entrepreneurial mindset – you are humble enough to know you don’t know everything, but driven enough to help DonorsTrust find new opportunities
- Experience handling data in Excel, mail merges in Word, and navigating online CRMs, as are design skills with Adobe Suite
- Experience with Google Ads
- Past use of Hubspot
- Strong writing and editing abilities
To apply, qualified should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in the organization and how your background matches the responsibilities
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Strategist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.