Do you like to think big? Would you like be at the forefront of reducing tax burdens, improving public education and holding government accountable…and as part of a growing organization? Then this might be the opportunity for you!
Kansas Policy Institute seeks an experienced relationship builder with the desire to develop and maintain relationships with investors. The Donor Relations Manager will report to the President. This position would ideally be based in Overland Park, Kansas, about 20 miles outside of Kansas City, MO. A Wichita or Kansas-based virtual office position would be considered for the ideal candidate.
The Donor Relations Manager is charged with administering and growing KPI’s development operation to ensure prospects are engaged, existing donors are cultivated, development collateral is top-notch, and events are professional.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for strengthening relationships with donors including individuals, foundations, and corporations. This will be done either personally or by implementing and tracking key metrics (i.e., personal notes, meetings, etc.) used by staff and trustees with individual donors
- Facilitate interactions and meetings for senior staff with donors
- Find, evaluate, and execute grant requests and foundation support
- Develop and maintain high-level donor-related collateral in conjunction with Marketing and Communications Director
- Plan and execute events across policy and development operations of the organization
- Oversee the maintenance of the donor database; track all donor contacts, donations, pledges and other interactions
- Oversee gift processing, acknowledgements, meeting coordination, renewals, reconciliations, and events
Qualifications & Requirements
- 0-3 years of experience as a development and/or sales professional
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to convey detailed policy-related programs, priorities, and issues to a variety of stakeholders
- Outstanding organization ability in order to manage database, multiple timelines, and switching between tasks
- Sound judgment and familiarity with development field’s best practices and procedures essential
- Passionate about the principles of limited government, personal freedom, and free markets
- Adheres to the highest ethical standards; demonstrates an empathetic disposition and perseverance; optimistic, positive attitude; sensitive to the needs of donors
- Limited in-state travel should be expected
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your salary requirements and an overview of qualifications and commitment to the principles of limited government, personal freedom and free markets
- One recent writing sample
- A list of three professional references
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Katy Ranville, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.