Founded in 2010, Common Sense Institute (CSI) is a non-partisan research organization dedicated to the protection and promotion of our economy. As a leading voice for free enterprise, CSI’s mission is to examine the fiscal impacts of policies and educate voters on issues that impact their lives.
CSI’s founders were a concerned group of business and community leaders who observed that divisive partisanship was overwhelming policymaking and believed that sound economic analysis could help people make fact-based and common sense decisions.
Common Sense Institute operates nationally in multiple states. CSI currently has state chapters in Arizona and Colorado; with plans to expand into additional states in the coming years. Each state has its own board of directors, however, all states operate under the same EIN and share services under a central office. This position would serve all states and report to the Chief Operating Officer.
About the Role
The Common Sense Institute is growing and in need of a Director of Communications. They will be responsible for maintaining internal and external organizational communication including: brand management, marketing, social media platform content, websites, press releases, and development correspondence. The ideal candidate has roughly 2 years minimum of experience, strong attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
There is a significant opportunity for growth as the organization continues to expand to new states – this person will be at the center of it all! This is a full-time position located in Greenwood Village, Colorado just outside of Denver. This is not a virtual position.
- Create and implement a communications strategy
- Ensure CSI’s research is amplified on all communication platforms
- Draft press releases and social media posts
- Proofread and edit all written content
- Manage and update all website content
- Help produce creative content for marketing materials, event collateral, infographics, and reports
- Ensure graphic design images, print, and online materials are appropriately maintained, and follow brand guidelines, budget, and meet deadlines
- Manage e-newsletter distribution and all email campaigns
- Assist with development communications including: correspondence with donors and email solicitations
- Ideally 2+ years of experience in communications or marketing
- Expertise posting on social media platforms
- Experience using website design platforms
- Experience using in-design, adobe, or other design software
- Experience using hootsuite, TV eyes, or other media management channels
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- An entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude
- Passion for free enterprise
Employment Details and Benefits
- Full-Time, in-person located in Greenwood Village, Colorado
- Salary Range: $70,000-80,000
- Benefits: include 401k after one year of employment; up to 4% match; 50% health care insurance coverage; 15 paid vacation days; including the majority of holidays and extra days at Thanksgiving and Christmas; paid sick leave; annual educational and professional development; 4 virtual works days per month; childcare reimbursement.
- Travel: To other CSI chapters as needed
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter explaining why you are qualified for this position, why you believe in free enterprise, your interest in CSI, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Manager of Talent Market, who is managing the search process: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.