About Do No Harm
Do No Harm is a membership nonprofit made up of physicians, nurses, medical students, patients, and policymakers focused on keeping identity politics out of medical education, research and clinical practice. We believe in making healthcare better for all – not undermining it in pursuit of a political agenda. Do No Harm seeks to highlight and counteract divisive trends in medicine, such as “Diversity, Equity and Inclusion” and youth-focused gender ideology.
As part of our commitment to this mission, we are currently experiencing a significant phase of growth and expansion. To support our increasing initiatives, we are actively hiring across various teams and anticipate continuing to grow throughout 2024.
About the Role
Do No Harm is seeking an energetic individual to serve as the Director of Member Engagement. We have more than 6,000 members and our network of doctors, nurses, medical students and concerned patients is growing.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter who embraces the mission of Do No Harm and is passionate about connecting with like-minded individuals.
The Director of Member Engagement will have the enthusiastic support of the organization’s leadership, who are equally as passionate and committed to fostering strategic relationships with our members and external supporters.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute outreach strategies and campaigns to help Do No Harm achieve its goals by cultivating and engaging new members while strengthening relationships with existing ones
- Respond promptly to requests for connecting with Do No Harm, assess opportunities, encourage and track engagement with Do No Harm’s initiatives
- Refer members and contacts to other Do No Harm team members as appropriate
- Represent Do No Harm at select internal and external events including but not limited to coordinating member and/or volunteer opportunities
- Planning and hosting community outreach events, i.e. webinars, and meet-ups, to raise awareness of Do No Harm’s mission
- Build relationships with local businesses, community organizations, and government agencies to create awareness of the organization’s mission and programs
- Monitor and provide reports to senior leadership to ensure membership engagement systems are functioning effectively
- Provide leadership and direction to member services specialists when these positions are staffed
This full-time position is remotely based with 40 percent domestic travel expected.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in marketing, grassroots organizing, healthcare or equivalent relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (marketing, communications, public policy, medicine or related field)
- High levels of emotional intelligence and compassion
- Ability to quickly connect with people and follow up on proposed actions
- Strong public speaking skills, including the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Sound understanding of major policy issues within Do No Harm’s mission and scope
- Strong writing and editing skills (knowledge of English language, grammar, spelling, and punctuation) and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to meet deadlines
- Work with minimum supervision and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Work independently and contribute to a collaborative team environment
- Effectively listen and communicate verbally
- Ability to maintain strict confidence and confidentiality of information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (particularly Word and Excel); other types of software is a plus
- Firm belief in equality before the law and a healthcare system that focuses on individual patients rather than identity politics
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health (company-paid medical), retirement, flexible vacation, and sick days. Flexible work environment and schedule.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials (in order) in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in and alignment with Do No Harm’s mission and this role
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Senior Manager of Outreach at Talent Market, who is managing the search process: [email protected].
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.