Network of enlightened Women (NeW), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the nation’s premier organization for conservative university women. With chapters on campuses and in cities across the country, NeW educates, equips, and empowers women to be principled leaders for a free society. Annually, NeW hosts a summit in DC, a Leadership Retreat, professional development events, campus and community events, and online programming.
NeW offers exclusive educational, leadership, and networking opportunities for women who are serious about spreading conservative principles on their campus and in their community. Our leaders understand that the principles of liberty and freedom are important in whatever path of life they choose, and they go on to serve their communities and families as businesswomen, lawyers, teachers, or stay-at-home moms, among other paths.
If you are passionate about changing campus culture and helping to shape our country by promoting conservative principles, our network is for you.
About the Role
NeW is looking to expand their fundraising capabilities by adding a Development Manager who will work alongside their experienced team of hardworking women. Reporting directly to the President of the organization, the candidate will assist on current development efforts, as well as build their own portfolio to raise private philanthropic funds to advance NeW’s mission. The ideal candidate has a passion for the work NeW is doing with university and young professional women and wants to further the organization’s mission by growing its resources. Furthermore, they possess a collaborative spirit, willing to jump in where needed, and have an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong work ethic. There will be opportunities for professional development as well as the encouragement to offer up entrepreneurial ideas. This is a full-time virtual position. An estimated 30% of travel within the U.S. will be required.
- Identify, qualify, and research prospective donors (individuals and foundations).
- Build a portfolio of supporters in various stages of the giving cycle by cultivating relationships through frequent communication.
- Draft and track correspondence and communicate with prospective and current donors.
- Depending on experience, meet with prospective and current donors in-person.
- Collect program data and metrics for reporting on team achievements.
- Update data in a CRM database and use data to track, analyze, and prepare monthly reports to analyze progress and subsequently determine necessary actions to maximize productivity.
- Create and prepare materials for yourself and other staff members for development-related meetings.
- Draft a variety of materials for different audiences including email updates, grant requests, correspondence with donors, event summaries, and marketing materials for events.
- Assist the President on projects and research to grow NeW’s impact.
- Travel to NeW events and relevant meetings.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Willingness to travel ~30% – this number will vary, depending on the home location of the candidate and their specific skillset
- Experience in development, including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospective and current donors
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to think through new strategies for engaging prospective and current donors
- Strong experience in managing projects and a track record of follow-through, growth, and success
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external audiences
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated personal responsibility, accountability, honesty, and superb organizational skills
- A positive attitude, spirit of collaboration, and eagerness to work with other team members on materials and strategies to grow our impact
- Experience with a CRM database
- Ability to maintain prospective and current donor contact confidentiality
- Demonstrated understanding of and absolute commitment to the mission of NeW
- A bachelor’s degree is required
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in the organization, how your experience has prepared you for this position, and your favorite quote by a conservative woman leader
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Network Engagement Specialist, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.