America’s Future (AF) empowers young people to be active, civil, and curious citizens that will lead their communities to a more free and prosperous future. They offer rising generations opportunities for networking, mentoring, leadership, and community engagement through their national network and extensive array of programming. AF is a community for ambitious young leaders to enhance their resume, increase their skills, and rise into positions of leadership.
About the Role
America’s Future is seeking a Director of Leadership Development Programs to build out a growing division within the organization and lead a lean team of contract staff. They will be responsible for spearheading a diverse array of online and in-person programming to support young professionals on their path from post-college to leadership positions across various industries. This includes identifying and empowering young people that will take the lead in their communities, utilizing the existing membership model and training programs (fellowships+) to engage and develop the AF community, and finding new relevant and dynamic opportunities that will expand AF’s leadership development programs. As an integral member of AF’s leadership team, they will report directly to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have five or more years of experience in program management, grassroots activism, or a related field. This person is extremely driven, enjoys helping others succeed, and believes strongly in what AF is trying to accomplish. Most importantly, they will have the excitement and drive to take AF’s programs to the next level, while maintaining a high level of professionalism, collaboration, and organization.
While AF’s headquarters are based in Washington, DC, they promote a flexible working arrangement. This person can either have a hybrid in-office schedule or work completely virtual. Applicants must be available for limited travel throughout the year, roughly 25%. Because serving their audience is paramount, work hours must be flexible to best accommodate their needs.
- Oversee the strategy and execution of Fellowship Programs:
- Writing Fellows
- GO! Fellows
- LEAD Fellows (new in 2023)
- Oversee the strategy and execution of the Membership Program, including:
- Recruiting new members
- Ensuring annual membership renewal
- Cultivating a rich community of members serving each other and accomplishing their goals
- Represent America’s Future at various events, including:
- Introducing AF to new audiences
- Developing tools to promote AF membership across the country
- Overseeing sponsorship, tabling, and speaking engagements
- Develop a dynamic and consistent portfolio of additional learning opportunities both virtual and in-person to serve the needs of AF members and their communities
- Work closely with the department of On the Ground activities to develop pipelines to connect local participants to the national community
- Manage a team of 2-4 contractors
- Establish robust evaluation methods to track AF’s impact toward its mission
- Ability to travel 25% throughout the year
- 5+ years of professional experience in program management, grassroots activism, or a related field
- Demonstrated success in:
- Managing multiple projects at once
- Seeing projects through from idea to execution and evaluation
- Collaborating with various stakeholders
- An understanding of facilitation and training methods that best serve adult learners
- Proficiency with online learning management tools
- Familiarity with libertarian and conservative ideas, organizations, and publications
- A passion for helping others succeed
- Experience with digital sales or marketing strategies is a plus
- Experience planning virtual and in-person events is a plus
- Experience public speaking is a plus
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Hubspot, Canva, Eventbrite, and/or Google Suite is a plus
America’s Future offers an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and flexible work environment. While AF is headquartered in Washington, DC, their team is spread across the country and work remotely. Those based in the DMV area benefit from a hybrid environment with the expectation of one day a week in the office.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Bonus potential
- 100% health insurance coverage, 75% for dependents
- Retirement match
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible work environment
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter outlining how your background will contribute to meeting the goals of this position, your philosophical interest in the organization, and your salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talent market.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.