About State Policy Network
State Policy Network is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network supports the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial Network of state-based think tanks and partners, working side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored by high-performing independent think tanks.
About the Director of Sponsor Partnerships opening
State Policy Network (SPN) is experiencing incredible growth, raising more than $22 million in 2022. We are looking for talented individuals to help us continue to scale our efforts, including a Director of Sponsor Partnerships to join our experienced Development team. The role is ideal for an experienced fundraiser who has successfully grown long-term, sustainable relationships with nonprofit, corporate, and trade association partners.
The Director of Sponsor Partnerships will report directly to our Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and grow sponsor and exhibitor opportunities at SPN Annual Meeting – one of the premier conferences for leaders and organizations in the liberty movement. They will shepherd the sales and stewardship process from start to finish, including managing a portfolio of current and prospective sponsors.
We are looking for a candidate that has excellent communications skills, a strategic mindset, as well as the ability to discern, promote, and negotiate partnerships that are in the best interests of SPN.
This position can be based in SPN’s Arlington, VA headquarters or in a virtual office.
- Manage a portfolio of 125+ current and prospective sponsors, overseeing all aspects of SPN’s sponsor/exhibitor opportunities. Identify opportunities to expand sponsorship opportunities in a way that aligns with SPN’s priorities and mission.
- Coordinate with the Senior Director of Events to create the overall marketing strategy for SPN Annual Meeting sponsor and exhibitor opportunities, including developing marketing and stewardship materials.
- Work to creatively match sponsor/exhibitor goals and interests with the priorities of SPN and its members. Offer/negotiate what is in SPN’s best interest, gathering input from colleagues as needed.
- Prepare sponsorship proposals, sponsorship agreements, and sponsor and exhibitor invoices, as needed. Maintain database of confirmed sponsorships and benefits to ensure effective execution on all agreed upon sponsor benefits.
- Motivate colleagues and partners to share leads for potential new sponsors.
- Maintain working knowledge of SPN’s priorities, case for support, and successes.
- 3+ years of fundraising experience with a primary focus on corporate/sponsor relations
- Strong interest in advancing State Policy Network’s mission and impact
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel at least 40%, including air travel
- A team player/collaborator that can work in a fast-paced environment in a professional manner
- Capacity to prioritize and balance multiple projects, plan ahead, and effectively meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, organizational skills, and superb attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook; experience with Salesforce a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing:
- Your interest in the position/SPN’s mission.
- Salary requirements.
- In-office or virtual office location preference.
- Travel availability.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide consulting and recruiting services at no cost to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations that clearly and directly focus on advancing the principles of economic freedom, free enterprise, free trade, free speech, property rights, rule of law, and limited regulation.