The Public Interest Legal Foundation is seeking an experienced Director of Operations to join our highly skilled team. As an ideal candidate, you have proven operational and project management experience in a highly dynamic setting. You have excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills and you enjoy developing solutions that usher in new levels of productivity and success.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, detail and action-oriented professional with a willingness and eagerness to learn new skills. S/he must be able to take initiative and follow through with minimal supervision and demonstrate integrity, sound judgement, and tact.
This full-time position will be based in our Indianapolis headquarters or our Washington, DC area office (Alexandria, VA). The Director of Operations will need be in office regularly but will have flexibility to work from home as well. The Director of Operations reports to the President of PILF.
What You Will Do
- Administrative Support. Provide administrative support to the President and maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the President informed of all critical issues.
- Personnel Management. The Director of Operations will directly manage 3 people involved with fundraising, communications and research. There is a legal staff that will have regular interaction with the position also.
- Project Management. Execute on organizational priorities by working with President and other team members.
- Financial Management. Track P&L; ensure payment of expenses, coordinate with outside firm for annual audit and 990 preparation and work with an outside accountant for all annual reports as well as payables.
- HR Management. Oversee payroll and benefits for employees and manage outsourcing of appropriate functions.
- Regulatory Compliance. Maintain compliance with state charitable registrations.
- Fundraising. Process gifts and prepare thank you letters; collaborate with outside vendors to track direct mail and major donor activity.
- Systems Management. Ensure that PILF’s internal operating systems are efficient and effective by working with IT and other outside vendors. Oversee the implementation of a new donor CRM
Who You Are
- You have 7-10+ years of work experience, including significant experience in operational and project management experience. Non-profit experience a plus but not required. Personnel management experience is a plus but not required.
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You communicate clearly and concisely
- You bring a deep curiosity and understanding of election law, public policy and politics
- You can work independently, multi-task, set priorities and follow through
- You are committed to the mission of PILF and want to join a dynamic organization working on critical issues facing our country
Who We Are
PILF is a public interest law firm dedicated to election integrity and safeguarding the arrangement whereby states run their own elections. The organization is a pioneer in litigation strategies to foster clean and honest elections, an advocate for the proper balance between state and federal oversight of elections and data driven analysis of voter fraud and election vulnerabilities. The organization brings lawsuits to enforce federal and state election laws designed to ensure that only legal votes are counted.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest advancing PILF’s mission, your salary requirements, and your geographical preferences
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.