The Daily Caller News Foundation (TheDCNF) desires to add an experienced fundraising professional to its in-house development team. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter with a minimum of 5 years of experience. They must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Director of Development will be based in the Washington, DC office and report to the Chief Development Officer. This role offers a tremendous opportunity for growth.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Implementation of successful major gift campaigns: Increase total revenue and donor numbers through prospecting, and by retaining and upgrading existing supporters. This will require high-level relationship building with philanthropic individuals.
- Assist in maintaining donor records: Includes tracking of communications and donations into a donor software database.
- Support of grant writing program: May include editing and drafting grant proposals and reports.
- Develop donor communications: Take an active role in donor communications including newsletters, event invitations and acknowledgment letters.
The candidate should be a strong problem-solver. They should be detail-oriented with above-average organizational skills. They should be able to work successfully within a team environment. Strong project management skills are essential, as the candidate will create fundraising campaigns and projects.
In addition to these attributes, we prefer candidates with the following traits:
- Five+ years in fundraising preferred (we will consider someone less experienced)
- Major gifts experience preferred; experience in grant writing and/or direct mail is also a plus
- Experience in overseeing a variety of fundraising campaigns
- Knowledge of development data analytics and best practices
- An understanding of marketing basics
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain total confidentiality
- Sense of purpose and humor
- College degree
If you possess all this, we suspect you can walk on water and success is assured. Please apply.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- A cover letter detailing your philosophical interest in The Daily Caller News Foundation’s mission and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.
Neil Patel and Tucker Carlson cofounded The Daily Caller News Foundation (TheDCNF) to counter the current biased media, training a new generation of journalists who investigate and report the truth without all the liberal spin. TheDCNF reports the stories overlooked or intentionally ignored.
The Foundation is a news-wire service, like AP or Reuters, offering news free-of-charge to licensed media partners. It leverages a network of 270+ domestic and international bureaus and collaborators. TheDCNF stories are reprinted in over a dozen countries around the globe.
TheDCNF advances its mission through five key programs:
- Training, developing, and launching the careers of a new generation of non-liberal reporters through a two-year training in our Journalism Fellowship Program. Alumni from this program have been hired by Newsweek, CBS, Business Insider, FOX News, Investor Business Daily, The Washington Examiner and many other notable media outlets
- Our Investigative Group performs long-term investigative reports, which for-profit news outlets are financially disincentivized from pursuing;
- Policy Reporting Program providing insight from both sides of the aisle, a balanced presentation that is not automatically pro-government and anti-market;
- Fact Check Program originated to offset the liberal leaning of this niche, dominated by Snopes and PolitiFact. Out fact checks are fed into CheckYourFact.com, a Poynter Institute approved fact check organization.
- Online Video Journalism Program: producing dozens of videos weekly, this relatively new program is becoming a go-to source on social media for news. It’s not unusual for our videos to rack up tens of millions of views.
You’ll find our work cited by hundreds of media outlets including Drudge Report, Yahoo!, FOX, Business Insider, CNN, iHeartRadio, News Max, CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and The Washington Post.