America’s Future seeks a director of development that will help AF grow to serve a nationwide movement of young leaders dedicated to leaving this country better than they found it. We are looking for someone to accelerate the growth of AF’s budget in order to facilitate our operations across the country. The mission of this role is to provide best in class service to new and existing supporters of America’s Future, leading to an increase in operating budget across individual, corporate and foundation giving.
Who is America’s Future?
America’s Future (AF) empowers young people to be active, civil, and curious citizens that lead from where they are to make their communities more free and more prosperous. We do this through efforts on the ground in 10 chapters and 4 regional hubs, as well as through virtual programming to a nationwide audience. AF has an HQ in Washington, DC, but our team is spread across the country, and we embrace remote work. We offer a competitive salary, flexible work schedules, and benefits package plus an unlimited vacation policy. This role is a key member of the leadership team and the director of development will work closely with the executive director and a team of contractors to streamline development efforts, and meet revenue goals.
This is what success in this role looks like:
- Develop the infrastructure to grow AF’s revenue from roughly $2 million to $5 million by 2026
- Develop successful retention and growth plans for existing donors
- Develop a robust donor acquisition pipeline that increases AF’s list of donors year on year
- Create a library of compelling proposals, reports and fundraising materials
Competencies and Requirements
- Philosophical alignment with AF’s mission and excitement for how you can help AF accomplish its ambitious growth goals
- 5+ years of fundraising experience
- Willingness and ability to travel 1-2+ times a month (we will also welcome road warriors who want to travel more!)
- A keen understanding of fundraising best practices and operations including but not limited to:
- Donor cultivation
- Moves management
- Digital and direct mail fundraising
- Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot and online payment platforms
- Strategic thinking
- Able to develop strategic development plans that cultivate existing donors and attract new ones
- Able to offer insights and feedback on programmatic plans within the broader organization
- Grantwriting- able to draft compelling proposal and donor communications
- Attention to detail
- Creates systems to ensure details and deadlines are never missed
- Coaches others to provide a similar level of service
- Eager to provide a five-star experience to AF’s various stakeholders
- Persuasive writing
- Can effectively write proposals, email communications and other types of promotional material in a compelling and professional manner.
- Able to develop systems and processes that allow the development department to work smart and to efficiently scale its efforts.
- Able to effectively manage a variety of projects at one time
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter outlining how your background will contribute to accomplishing the stated outcomes, your passion for AF’s mission, and your salary requirements.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.