The Independence Institute, an unconventional, award-winning, free market think tank, is searching for the right person to serve as the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Investor Experience. This is a senior level position charged with growing and leading our development team as well as working with the staff to ensure financial success for the future.
The Director’s primary focus will be to ensure the internal workings of the fundraising department are on target, all opportunities are seized, and investors receive the highest quality experience possible. The Director will be a problem solver, team captain, and both intellectually and philosophically committed to Independence Institute’s mission. He/she will strive to excite funders about building a freedom infrastructure in Colorado and will keep them engaged in the process to ensure long-term success.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships and Investor Experience will:
- Develop the strategic annual fundraising plan, in conjunction with the Executive Vice President and CEO, with a specific focus on increasing investments, improving investor experience, and increasing investor retention rates.
- Manage and execute the day-to-day operations of the fundraising team, including growing and overseeing department staff, managing direct mail program, quality management of the database, and creating and tracking the department budgeting.
- Build and execute strategies to cultivate investor relationship and effectively leverage the Institute’s executive staff’s relationships with investors (ie manage up).
- Identify and develop long-term relationships with existing and prospective investors, including attending meetings and events, telephone calls, one-on-one visits, and written correspondence to keep investors informed of the Institute’s work
- Travel throughout Colorado and occasionally out-of-state
- Report weekly and monthly progress to staff and quarterly to Board of Trustees
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for free markets, personal and economic freedom
- An appreciation of a Hillsdale meets Animal House culture (if you don’t understand, Google it)
- An excellent sense of humor, with an ability to laugh at him or herself
- 5+ years’ experience in fundraising/sales
- Experience managing staff
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically at a high level and outside-the-box
- An ability to drive projects, develop plans, and execute those plans effectively
- A problem solver
- Ability to motivate staff and get everyone moving in the same direction
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill
- An ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- Competency with Outlook, Excel, and Word. Competency with Salesforce is a bonus
This is an opportunity for the right person to leave his or her mark on the free-market movement by advancing freedom and prosperity in the state of Colorado.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing: 1) your interest in the position/the mission of the organization, and 2) your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Lauren Skiver, Talent Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.