NLPC promotes ethics in public life through research, education and legal action.
Through the Corporate Integrity Project, we seek to promote integrity in corporate governance, including honesty and fair play in relationships with shareholders, employees, business partners and customers. In doing so, we place special emphasis on:
• Asserting that the social responsibility of the corporation is to defend and advance the interests of the people who own the company, the shareholders. True responsibility is fidelity to one’s own mission, not someone else’s, or someone else’s political agenda.
• Exposing the seeking of influence on public officials by corporations, which is the inevitable result of high levels of government spending and intervention in the marketplace.
• Combating practices that undermine the free enterprise system, including philanthropic giving to groups hostile to a free economy.
About the Position
NLPC seeks an individual to direct the Corporate Integrity Project to help meet the challenge of Left-wing domination of corporate America.
We are looking for a David to take on Goliath. Therefore, the candidate must be a self-starter, exhibit religious-like zeal, and be able to recognize and act upon leveraged public relations opportunities.
The project has two prongs. The first is a shareholder activism, whereby we bring our concerns directly to CEOs and boards at corporate annual meetings through shareholder proposals. Sponsoring a proposal allows the filer to speak at the meetings, have its proposals published in the proxy, and provides a platform for media coverage.
The second prong is an on-going critique of corporate America through op-eds, media commentaries, and public relations campaigns aimed at particular companies or groups of companies on particular issues. For these corporate campaigns, NLPC would enlarge the effort with additional employees or independent contractors as circumstances dictate.
The Director can be based in our Falls Church office or can work virtually from elsewhere.
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience, including some project management
- Deep interest in both the financial and public policy worlds
- Experience in political or social activism
- A record of published work on economic topics
- Experience in electronic media interviews
- Strong good public speaker
- Law degree and/or financial services industry experience are preferred but not required
- SEC experience or in dealing with the SEC preferred but not required
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in this position, your interest in NLPC’s mission, and your salary requirements
- Links to your published writing
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.